Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

i have a huge problem, my car hesitate to move when i hit the gas, it will hesitate for 3-4 seconds and then will accelerate, the RPM indictator wont move either.
I can heard a weird sound from the engine something like trak-trak-trak and after that sound will start accelerating . it only happens when i am turning to left or right from stop.

any help will be appreciate

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whats up dudeISS? Well this is the infamous "car hesitation problem" most experienced in the is300's. I am assuming you have the 2001 or early (fall production) 2002 is300, right? Well the hesitation problem isin't all that bad, you can get it fixed fairly easily. The easiest way to worry less about that problem is having that ECT Power ON. But that dosen't eliminate the problem fully, because once you turn that ECU Power button off, it will happen agai8n. To terminate this problem, you have to re-flash the ECU CHIP. If I typed everything, it will be very long. So DudeISS, check out this link, http://my.is/forums/f87/do-i-have-lsd-i-need-replacement-key-general-info-where-look-more-300932/, scroll to the part where they talk about the ECU Chip/hesitation problem. If you want more clarification, try searching on the search menu "Car hesitation problem", as it was brought up many times in the past. Hope this help DudeISS, Enjoy.

P.S. how many miles and what year is your is300? (Just wondering)

·
Registered
77 Posts
If that does not help, check your MAF and all hoses that could be causing vacum leakage. You could also check your spark plugs to see if you have water or something in there. Just little things that could also cause hesitation. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's up, man. I was experiencing the hesitation pretty badly, and I was going to get an ECM flash done...I replaced the battery*old one was done), and I kid you not, when I started up the car and tried to drive, there was no pick up, none. I was freaked, thinking something was really wrong, but I drove it down the block and around my neighberhood, and the car kind of "reset" itself....the pick up is now almost perfect.

The best way it has been explained to me, and others here probably know the specifics, is that these cars computer's create a certain kind of memory in them....like the person who had the car before me was probably a really light-footed old-lady tupe driver and never put the car through it's paces. When I went to take off quick, the memory was expecting a slow takeoff, thus the hesitation. After I changed the battery, I swear the pick up is MUCH better. Not sure if this has something to do with the computer reprogramming itself, but something happened. Not saying it will work for you, but I am much happier with the car now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts