Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 4 weeks since I got my car back. Well guys I got my car back from the shop last week. I didn't even notice until yesterday. I don't know if they did a great job on it. There seems to be somethings that they miss. Like the cover that say's vvi-t. it's crack and has been push upwards. I don't know why they didn't replace it. There is a gap which is noticeable on the right wheel and fender and the car is not level on flat surface. It's way off and the fender is not even all around. I found some burn oil coming out from the side of the engine. Is that a bad sign? I need some advice on what to do now.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
take it back to the shop and say WTF, fix this.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah you should bring it back to the shop and address the issues you have found.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
what happened to the car in the first place that it has problems?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Seven said:
take it back to the shop and say WTF, fix this.
I fully agree. If they got paid, they should have done it correctly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seven said:
what happened to the car in the first place that it has problems?
I got into a car accident. I only had it for 1 year it has about 14,800 miles on it. My car was towed to my home and we called the insurance and they Suggested me to take it to abra auto body. My right head light,hood,bumper,raidator,air filter,wheel,belt and the whole right side fender was damage.(the fender almost came off the car) .By what I remember the radiator hit the engine. That's why I saw the VVi-T cover pushed up. (It was leaning against the middle body of the VVi-T cover when I checked it before they took my car to the shop. I went inside the house and later I found out right before they drove off. They had to drive my car up the tow truck. My car was smokin pretty badly. They are freaken IDOIT. You know what the raidator anti-freeze they put in my car was light yellow. Before it was purple.(they are going cheap on me) The other thing is that my high beams are not as bright as before.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
If this is a recommended body shop by your insurance, you've been had. Call your insurance, tell them the problem and have an adjustor check your car again to access for corrective repairs. This time if they tell you to go back to that body shop, tell then that you will take your car to a body shop of your choice. As for the coolant, light yellow is the wrong coolant for our cars...it's suppose to be red. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
yea, have an adjustor come out and look at your car. Be nice, but straight forward. Point out EVERYTHING that you see wrong, even the slightest imperfections. The more the adjustor sees, the better off you are going to be. But most importantly, keep your cool.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
When I got in a similar wreck (but not as bad mine was hood, bumper and radiator) I took my car to the body shop of the dealer that was also recommended by my insurance, as a result it's warrantied for the life of the car.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
should have inspected the car at the time pf pickup. if it wasnt up to your satisfaction, it should have been delt with at that time. hopefully the shop is a reputable place and will stand behinde the work they do. BTW you can choose any repair shop you want, not the reccomended one by the insurance company.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sup everyone. I just got a call from them. I got them to re-inspect the car. I tood them what was wrong. They will call me back later. When to drop off my car. I just hope they take care of it right this time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts