Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also on the last pictures i have a vis lip (greddy replica) that is being painted right now, any comments welcome but i could care less if you like it or not, im finally satisfied
1))First it was stock(picture not needed)
2)) dropped on tein high tech springs with gunmetal ltuned 18's

3))Dropped on h&r with rx8 18's

4)same drop on moda r6 19"

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
Wow, lookine great!! I have never been convinced about dropping with my R6 19's until just now. Looks great. Im now jealous you bastid!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dadasups1 said:
stock rx8 wheels? i heard of other mazdas getting them....but our car??...i think it looks nice
i actually stole the rx8 idea from another guy on the site but there are a handful running them, i actually sold them to a guy who had a mazda 3, thanks to imprimis for the advice

·
Registered
98 Posts
For some strange reason or another

I really like the Mazda RX8 wheels with the H&R drop. The Modas look a little bit our of proportion, perhaps running too thin a tire. Which wheel combo was more comfortable, just out of curiosity?

-Mike

·
Registered
514 Posts
looks really sick bro! keep it up!

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
mixxmstrmike said:
I really like the Mazda RX8 wheels with the H&R drop. The Modas look a little bit our of proportion, perhaps running too thin a tire. Which wheel combo was more comfortable, just out of curiosity?

-Mike
I agree that the mazda wheels looked great, but I think that the moda's have a MUCH sharper look to them. He was on 18's before - now 19's - do you really have to ask which was more comfortable?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
really from 18's to 19's there was not much difference in the ride the 18's a little more cushion, but still not bad, and also the pics of the 19's 225/35/19 in front and 235/35/19 in rear, i had 235's all the way around but it rubbed up front, also theres not a bigger tire you can run when your dropped 2inchs+

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
JKSlexus said:
really from 18's to 19's there was not much difference in the ride the 18's a little more cushion, but still not bad, and also the pics of the 19's 225/35/19 in front and 235/35/19 in rear, i had 235's all the way around but it rubbed up front, also theres not a bigger tire you can run when your dropped 2inchs+
What's the width of the rims?? 8"?

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
nice now get a hold of some kind of kit and your good to go. ;)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
19x8 all the way around 225/35/19 up front and 235/35/19 in the rear, i know its pointless to have the same wisth than 2 different tires front and rear but i had 235's all the way around and it rubbed, also in those pic's the tire does look small but for whatever reason its bigger in real life, dont know kinda wierd

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they are "225/35/19(front), 235/35/19(rear, for the 3rd damn time, also yeah i was kinda if when i wanted the modas b/c they are supposidly easy to bend, but i only drive 15 miles a day and if i go on a trip i have another car i take. i was told by a few owners they had bent these wheels, but they said the holes they hit they would have bent any 19 regardless of who made it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hhah everytime i see this, i realize how much i need to steal my friends Rx8's that just sit in the garage! lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts