Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hopefully tommorow morning i will get my SS brake lines with the full set Axxis Ultimate Pads. Also Thanks to Brandon @ Tirerack for excellent service.

-Shawn

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Congrats on your brake up grade. :cool: post pics when installed.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
so theyre not on yet? was hopin to get to see em this weekend

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
badxIS300 said:
so theyre not on yet? was hopin to get to see em this weekend
I am hoping to get my axxis brake pads delivered by 12 after noon tomm. As soon as i get em, i am dropping off my car to the shop...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badxIS300 said:
haha well do it in the parking [email protected]!

O'yea... offcourse that's the back up plan... ;) Btw hey John i am gonna hit you up tomm night, for the direction.

·
Registered
619 Posts
So i see the two boxes in the picture. One says "Made in USA" and the other says "Made in Italy". I got Brembo OEM rotors and the rears are made in USA while the fronts are made in Italy. Hmmm...weird. Nice pics BTW.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
nice rotors - remeber to break them in PROPERLY or they will warp and you will be very unhappy

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
somguy2u said:
nice rotors - remeber to break them in PROPERLY or they will warp and you will be very unhappy

Thanks, don't wanna sound stupid but, what is the proper way to break them in...

·
Registered
578 Posts
i cant wait intill i get my new rotors and ss line from irotors.
it giong to look tight

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, i just got back from the shop, everything didn't went right, The rotors fit perfect, however after they install the front axxis brake pads it was touching my rims..my shop guys even tried putting both oem & axxis pads side by side they seems the same size however the damn axxis pads just don't wanna work. Anyways now i am running rear axxis pads while i had to put back the oem pads in the front with my new brembos...Monday my shop gonna get the spacers for the front so, in order to put the axxis pads. I am little sad..but there is nothing i can do at this point. My car.. well it making "ggshhh" sound when i stop coming from the front, i ask the tech he said the rotors is just breking up...it's normal & with the new pads it should be fine.

-Shawn

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
to break them in once you install thewm with the new pads- do about 10: 45-2mph really hard stops never come to a complete stop (safely don't kill yourself)

let them cool by driving around regularly for a while applying as little brake as possible (empty freeway is the best for this) that shoudl do it alright :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
looks good homiee... About to do the same thing..but may go TT supra brakes.. for free..not sur if that'll work though.. hmm...

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
brembo, buy the whole BBK, not just the rotors.

j/p :lol:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
PM'd you regarding Brembos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts