Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss sold his business to my present employer three years ago. The buyout will be complete next summer. He's been upset about corporate america shoving his beloved employees around like cattle. Things are not as he envisioned. There have been the inevitable adjustments. One of them has been the new parent company's policy of not giving out bonuses.

Well, he doesn't like it. I was presented with his personal check for $2K today and his thanks for my 10+ years of work.

He's a generous, thoughtful person to do that out of his own pocket.
How's your boss?

I should add that when I bought the IS300 he gave me 3K toward it.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
my boss is pretty good.....before the economy went bad, he would always treat us out to eat and always give us a 10% raise....but for the past two years of cost cutting, all those are gone.... :(

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
My boss is seemingly forgiving about time, so I come in at 9:00 and leave before 5, with an hour lunch. Otherwise my workplace sucks ass and so does this company. They won't even match inflation for raises...

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
My boss is cool. Treats us to lunch/dinner/happy hour pretty often. Always gets me whatever programs and computer upgrades that I need 'n whatnot. Pretty good with raises too. They're not close together, but my last two totalled $15k. Don't know about bonuses though. Haven't gotten any of those in the 2 years I been here.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
We tangle every so often over money and credit culture of business we book. It's a love-hate relationship. He's old school and extremely frugal. But, all in all, we get along alright.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I have a really cool boss. Shes 26 and pretty good looking. She doesnt give a fuck what we do as long as were productive. Lets us come in late/leave early. Doesnt say anything if we take a 2 hour lunch every now and then, which we are payed for. Plus, she gives a BJ every friday....cant beat that.

I just made up that last part. It would be nice though.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Fair enough, but I'm not buying that waiver...You got to work that in if feasible. You know, a little role reversal...Muhuhuhuhuhuhahahahaha.

DJPoop said:
I have a really cool boss. Shes 26 and pretty good looking. She doesnt give a f*ck what we do as long as were productive. Lets us come in late/leave early. Doesnt say anything if we take a 2 hour lunch every now and then, which we are payed for. Plus, she gives a BJ every friday....cant beat that.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
brad said:
Fair enough, but I'm not buying that waiver...You got to work that in if feasible. You know, a little role reversal...Muhuhuhuhuhuhahahahaha.

DJPoop said:
I have a really cool boss. Shes 26 and pretty good looking. She doesnt give a f*ck what we do as long as were productive. Lets us come in late/leave early. Doesnt say anything if we take a 2 hour lunch every now and then, which we are payed for. Plus, she gives a BJ every friday....cant beat that.

I have no idea what you just said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
papercliprebel
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing