Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving on the highway when I stop for a toll when I notice my interior lights getting dim. My check engine light came on. I continue to drive a soon as I hit 40-45MPH it got bright and when I hit 50-55MPH it got dim. I drove this way for about 20minutes. I was just trying to make it home. My IS300 finally broke down. I took a volt reading it was 8.5volt. I got towed home. I took my alternator to auto zone for a bench check it passed. I purchased a yellow top battery took a volt test again 12.5 and would not rise when I put a load (i.e., put on headlight A/C defogger) and rev the car so I took my car back to auto zone for a load test it passed. I ask him to rev the car while I check with volt meter again and this time It went from 12.5 all the way to 13.6 He got the code from my car. It was p0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction. On the way home my check engine light came. This time I use my friend's scan tool and got the same code p0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction. I decided to recheck the volts. The same old thing again 11.8 and dropping. I purchased a new alternator and installed it 11.2 and dropping. What could it be a fuse, fusible link, relay? I need help to get back on the road . I have all the items installed at the bottem
for a while could any of these item be causing my problem

In my car I have installed eclipse AVN2454
zapco 1100 amp
[email protected] AUDIO 10'w6v2
[email protected] 6.5
0awg
3.0 cap

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you already changed the alternator and battery, and it's still draining your power. You might want to check all of your connection, especially your sound system. Hope this help ;)

·
8,880 Posts
PM has been replied to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts