Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey! My first Lexus

I'm new to the world of trickin' my ride but I had a go anyway. 2008 Sport Luxury, Pearl White, WALD Executive ground effects kit plus upper and lower billet grille. Inside white LED lights. Australia has strict rules about ground clearance so I won't be lowering it. I like the softer ride anyway as my average speed around Sydney streets is 38kph. I have bypassed the DVD/GPS/Bluetooth rolling restrictions.

Is that enough ?

Lexus1.jpg

Lexus 3.jpg

lexus5.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
They looks hot mate, where do u get the kit from? import from Jap?
all u need is a set of nice wheels to complete the look.
btw, I'm from syd and own a crystal mist is250 sl too:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the WALD kit is Japanese but imported from Jonari.com in the USA. I am looking for wheels now but can't decide whether polished or chrome.

·
Registered
418 Posts
All the aussie guys on a us forum crazy!

Please feel free to join the Altezza club of Australia, a few of the guys with altezza IS2/300's have updated to IS250's frequent the acoa site,

AltezzaClub Of NZ/Australia

P.S the car definitely needs rims with that tasty kit on!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
All the aussie guys on a us forum crazy!

Please feel free to join the Altezza club of Australia, a few of the guys with altezza IS2/300's have updated to IS250's frequent the acoa site,

AltezzaClub Of NZ/Australia

P.S the car definitely needs rims with that tasty kit on!
Why is it crazy? This site is the sh*t

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WHITE RIMS, I hadn't even thought about that colour. Too wrapped up in chrome and metal colours.

My minds eye says it will work, thanks, I am going out to explore the world of white wheels !!

i'm loving it, white rims on that car would look sick as hell!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, I always watch the US sites as some really wild ideas, and pics, get shared. Almost everything I have bought for my cars has come from the US. Most of the "DYI" stuff I have got from the US as well.

The Aussies sites don't carry a lot of traffic on IS250's. I think there's room for both sites. I wouldn't have my interior LED's, WALD ground effects kit and Billet Grille if I hadn't visited My.IS

Everyone, keep sending in your ideas, more people are watching, reading and reacting to your posts than you might think.......

Natroth

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey Natroth, as for wheels go for ssr ms1. this is ur first choice;)
Actually I ordered a set for my other skyline v35, can't wait!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Spikey, it took a while but I sourced a set of these wheels in WHITE! thanks for the tip....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry for the late reply Jomster, I see lots of IS250's on the road in Sydney but they don't have the same following as in the USA. I have got most of my ideas and parts from this site and US Ebay. Tonite I picked up 1watt white LED's for the mirror down-lights, can't wait to get them in once I figure out how to get the old globes out !!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Car looks awesome, I'm not feeling the grill though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Danny,
I will post some more photos, the first ones focused more on the car and less on my mods/additions. I have done a few more things since.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts