·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following setup:

Hifonics ZX6400
Diamond audio s600s front
Diamond audio M391i back

This audio shop in Las Vegas installed all the stuff for me. I told them I wanted to retain the factory headunit, so they told me I needed two LLCs. When I got my car back, the speakers hissed like crazy, with almost no bass whatsoever. There's also a high pitch sound coming somewhere from the system that gets louder as I accelerate. A new headunit, which eliminate the need of LLCs, will get rid of the hiss right? How should I correct the bass and the high pitch sound problem? I need everyone's feedback. Thanks.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
miky702 said:

Hifonics ZX6400
Diamond audio M391i back

This audio shop in Las Vegas installed all the stuff for me. I told them I wanted to retain the factory headunit, so they told me I needed two LLCs. When I got my car back, the speakers hissed like crazy, with almost no bass whatsoever. There's also a high pitch sound coming somewhere from the system that gets louder as I accelerate. A new headunit, which eliminate the need of LLCs, will get rid of the hiss right? How should I correct the bass and the high pitch sound problem? I need everyone's feedback. Thanks.
Have them do a preamp out from the factory amp. Then you will illiminate the problems that you are having from the LLC's.

·
Registered
975 Posts
miky702 said:

Hifonics ZX6400
Diamond audio M391i back

Go to Executive Car Audio. They have the best installers in town (well, at least when I worked there).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if I do a preamp from the factory amp or getting a new headunit (which has preamp), it will solve all the problems(hiss, bass, and high pitch noise) that I have? I want you guys opinion before I go to the audio shop again. Thanks.

·
8,880 Posts
miky702 said:
so if I do a preamp from the factory amp or getting a new headunit (which has preamp), it will solve all the problems(hiss, bass, and high pitch noise) that I have? I want you guys opinion before I go to the audio shop again. Thanks.
Yes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Audio Control EQS (trunk mount) or Three.1 (dash mount) is the way to go with the factory head unit. Eliminates the need for the LLC's and effectively gets rid of the hiss...

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I've ran systems w/LLC in the past and never had a problem. Like the others mentioned, see where they installed them, speakers wires are on the opposite side of the power wire and some LLCs require power & ground.

GL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts