Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: My wife was driving straight on Winchester Blvd. here in San Jose area while a car spinning out from the apartment exit. She tried to avoid the car, but.... head on the rear end of the other car.

My insurance says after repair, it will looks like brand new car!

It's a leased. Some people tell me to get off lease to get a new one, others say repair it isn't a bad idea. I don't think my insurace will total it. Also the airbag didn't deploy (in a way, it's good, but I am surprised it didn't with the amount of damage).

What do you guys think?

http://photos.yahoo.com/healthclinic1

·
Registered
697 Posts
The airbag did not deploy probably because the impact didn't trigger the sensors for SRS.

Well the damage is pretty bad, but very fixable, don't think insurance will total it

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
ouch!

looks like but repairable

insurance will only total a car if the value of the repair is like (guesstimating) 70%+/- of the value of the car

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I m so sorry about what happened, u must be so pissed off like me two onths back when i hit my car, but the situation and the damage is notas bad as your one, hopefully everything will go on fine. Peace :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
244 Posts
those pix make me cringe!.... while ur throwing away money on a lease, u shoulda juz cut your losses upfront and leased the wife a neon :-?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
GGPsoldier said:
those pix make me cringe!.... while ur throwing away money on a lease, u shoulda juz cut your losses upfront and leased the wife a neon :-?
Throwing money away on a lease? Lease's are a better option for a cheaper payment, and for those who want a new car every 3-5 years.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
wow looks pretty bad.

i hate winchester...everyone drives like a bitch there...especially around stevens creek and 280.

plus i can't drive there cause of the pot holes :)

good luck with fixin it

·
Registered
611 Posts
Mine is being repaired after my accident. They didn't total it, even with as much damage as I received. The frame was damaged and was appraised over $12,000 worth of damage...not including aftermarket parts.

For pics...look @ sig. :(

Please don't ask what happened! :pissed:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have 39 month term lease. Still have about 25-6 months left. It's a fully loaded IS with Nav and everything. I just hope after repair, everything will looks like new.

Have you guys heard of Streetpilot Nav system from Garmin. I heard different stories. Some say it's as good as the stock Nav?!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its almost definate that they will not total that car. It takes a lot to total a car. Way more then %51, for my Sporttrac, they would only total it if it was 81% of auto market Value.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man if thats all the damage to the car.... It's nothing! I estimate the damage to be about under $2000 if the air bags didnt explode. I do body work alot as a hobby and if I saw somthing like this at the auction, you'll normally see a wacky guy prancing around the car. Cuz i'll get it dirt cheap! :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
28 Participants
melvinsh
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing