Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off my name is Corey and im from Grand Rapids, MI
This picture describes me 100%

For those that dont really remember me I was a IS300 owner back in 2010 and early in 2011.

On February 17, 2011 I spun my IS into a steel highway rail doing some stupid stuff. Insurance called it a loss.

On March 16, 2011 me and my buddy took a long drive down to Indianapolis with the insurance money i had left over after paying off the Lexus and bought my new project.

And now the fun stuff...
New rims, 17x9 +13 Rota Grid

Dropped on Tein Basic Coilovers

Purchased a new motor for a DOHC swap!

Motor Build!!
Bored Block, Eagle rods, and CP 9:1 Pistons

Port and polished heads

Winter of 2011-2012

All finished and running

A little preview of whats going on winter of 2012-2013

I have a lot more pictures in my Facebook Album located HERE

Big thanks to all of the help from my friends and also to C-Tech Performance in Wyoming, MI for building the motor.

More pictures to come

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice! Almost went that same way, but fell in love with my IS. Good luck on the build!
Dont get me wrong, i was in love with my IS as well. if i didnt wreck it, it definitely would be turbo'd by now. and i would have purchased another but their was no way i could afford insurance on one with full coverage.

Very nice keep up the good work...
Thank you sir. I definitely will. i cant wait to have my first boosted car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
GL with the build! Former S13 owner here too. had a 91 hatch. both cars are fun as hell!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GL with the build! Former S13 owner here too. had a 91 hatch. both cars are fun as hell!
Yeah they are a blast. I just bought myself a s14 winter beater. It has a few parts that i might use in the s13. I didnt know when i bought the s14 but it has a lsd snd a stage 2 clutch.

Brought my car into C-Tech Performance again for more motor work. The motor is built from bottom up now. Pictures to come soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i scrapped my turbo build for this winter. i decided to go for more power. This winter i am just focusing on my trans. i dropped my entire drivetrain.
I bought a Spec Stage 3+ clutch on top of a spec steel flywheel.
Im swapping the LSD from my s14 into this car. Also doing a Nismo slave cylinder and a stainless steel braided clutch line from the master cylinder down to the slave.

I also got the front end fixed up a bit now so my head lights can actually go up and down on their own.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
been awhile since ive updated this. a lot has been done to the car since the last post. Also good news, i am a Lexus owner again. got me a 1994 SC400 for my winter beater/daily driver.

Dont even really know where to start, The Year started out pretty rough. On the way to a car meet in Detroit, about 2.5 hours from where i live, I had a rear caliper seize up and catch fire. Instead of replacing the factory brakes, i decided to just go through with the brake upgrade no. Got z32 Calipers all around and had to get custom Circuit Sports 4 lug rotors that fit for the bigger calipers.

This year I decided to buy myself a birthday present this summer and invested in jdm tail lights, probably the best investment ever. they completely chanced the appearance of the car.

Got a new hood for my car that actually has a gloss black finish on both the top and bottom instead of the flat black top and red bottom that i had before. Upgraded my suspension with Stance brand toe arms and control arms to eliminate a ton of my negative camber.

For you Chicago guys, you may have seen me around. I brought the car out there in August for the Another Level Car Show. I was in the VIP section there.

To finish off the year, I learned to never to park my baby on the street over night when staying at a friends. Luckily the persons insurance pay for the damage.

And now i am just buying a ton of parts for my turbo build. The car will not be out on the streets again until the build is complete.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts