Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my 5K service. First the good news. They noticed that the shield under the car was loose and replaced it. They increased the volume on the lock beep. Now the not so good news. They are aware of the ECU problem but claim no fix is available. They are not aware of any TRAC problem. They claimed they cannot change the unlock to a single operation (page 17 of the manual). Is there someone I can call that can confirm whether these issues can be resolved or not? I will try the 800 Lexus number first.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I purchased my car from Park Place in Plano and they are aware of the problem, they also have it down here in Austin. I am going to get it fixed this Sat. at my 1000 mile check up. You should contact another dealer around your area in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I went in for my 5k service, when I was there I ordered my TRD sway bars and asked about the ECU reprograming. The Service Manager told me that Lex Corp. is asking certian dealers to reprogram cars on there own and sent the results back to them. So Lexus of Kendall has reprogramed a car but they have not recieved a offical service bulletin from Corp. on the ECU. He told me to do the ECU reset by disconecting the battery for 90 sec and then drive the car hard and that should reset the computer and that would help out if not fix the lag and holding the gears longer for now.

------------------
Anthony
Graphite Grey Metallic ,01 IS300 (Her name is Angelina)
  • 30% Tints
  • TRD Carbonfiber Grill
  • TRD Sway Bars on order 4-5 weeks
R-BHC (Rice-Boy Hater Club)
Need 4 BOOOOST!!!!!!!!
PSSSSSST!!!!!

www.teamupgrade.com/anthony.htm
www.toyomoto.com
www.is300turbo.com
www.teamupgrade.com

[This message has been edited by AECIS300 (edited March 21, 2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts