Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Badass build. If I ever end up blowing the GTE motor I'll probably switch to LS. Buddy of mine is trying to sell me a 60k mile LS2 for CHEAP so it might happen one day. Awesome build dude.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I haven't been logged in here in a couple years. So things have changed since my last post.

This was the dyno session with the LS3.

That engine was sold a few weeks after that video and I've been building a destroked LS7 to replace it. This new engine has more compression, stage 3 West Coast Cylinder Heads, a big horse cock cam and a conceived 8000 rpm limit. The single disc clutch is being replaced with a unsprung dual disc, also from Centerforce.

I've also been busy making custom ish on the car. I cut up the trunk to make a center exit exhaust. Built a drag wing and diffuser. I also built new steering arms with heavy duty screw in ball joints. I'll try and get some pics uploaded.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Completely new trunk floor to fit dual Black Widow Widowmaker 3.5" x 10" mufflers.

I made upper coilover mounts so I could run a more traditional style coilover with eyelets. We have dealings with Ridetech so it just made sense for my budget.

I changed the motion ratio and mount height on the rear control arms.

This is still a work in progress. 14" rotors & 6 piston FNSLR calipers pictured were 12 lbs per side lighter than the factory brakes.

This is my custom steering arm, decreased bump steer, RCA, improved ackerman, and a slightly more aggressive angle kit. It uses Moog K772 screw in ball joints, FK Rod ends, and all cut and machined in house at my work. This was one of the first iterations of the design. I moved away from the dual mount tie rod option due to interference on the lower control arm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Looks slow.
Its sad that I know it won't be fast enough for me. I see this engine/tranny eventually making its way into a purpose built autocross car and a new boosted deal for the Lexus. Because we all need a solid 9 second daily.

On a sidenote, I noticed that thread on here about the Radium fuel pump fitting and got one ordered this morning. I am using that as a return on the hanger but that fitting will make my final connection to the Corvette filter/regulator so easy. Did you ever pick up a hanger? I still have that spare one.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts