Lexus IS Forum banner

My 2nd IS build

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  TobiasSing 
#1 ·
so i picked up a very clean 2 owner '01 IS300 in auburn sky pearl, I always wanted an asp IS because its a such a rare beautful color and i never seen a clean one before so hopefully this will be a very clean ASP. the car needed a new paint job so i decided to buy a modelliista kit since I've always one, and i picked up a set of used worked cr kai for a very cheap price, wheels need some tlc so i decided to powder coat them in a custom gold and add OG work cr kai decals. I also had a set of dark housing altos headlights that i got buffed out to take of all the yellowing. so here she is comment and lmi what you guys think!

when i picked her up
Untitled by spawniev, on Flickr

headlights brought back to life i need having the bodyshop swap the usdm brackets onto the jdm ones

then paint time
2nd IS by spawniev, on Flickr

picked up a used set of cr kai kiwami
new fresh color i wanted a color that would blend well with the paint
works japan hardware and decals and rays lugs
put together
thats it for now just waiting for the wheels n' tires to be installed

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, though maybe i cant see what was wrong with the original paintwork to need a respray. I still like the Modelista kits, not that common but also a nice subtle look to the cars. ?

Did you manage to pull that huge dent in the rim out? :oops:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.