Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just wanted to say thanks very much to Rick Bowers at Speedtech// aka speeder on these forums. It's been a long journey but we finally got the setup that I was after. I'm so happy with the car on pump gas at 17 psi now. My Perelli Pzero's 285 35 18's just blow loose, the car feels like a real monster and is pretty scary to drive with these tires, I need to get some drag radials asap. Here is just a quick 3rd gear pull on the road, I'll get more pics and videos up later. I might goto the track tonight just for sheotz and giggles to see what she traps on pump gas.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are there for a future line lock / nitrous operation however I now have a V160 6 speed with a OSGiken clutch, so the automatic is history. Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Very very cool!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, it's a beast. I love it... I'll try to get pics up soon, I need to take some after I detail it up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One more video of my car, its' dirty and I took the glove box out as my blower motor stopped working but you can see what it's like.. a sleeper.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea I like the sleeper look, I'm heading to Speedworld tonight to take down the #1 1/4 mile spot for a GEN II GS300. I should have no problem beating a 11.7 on pump gas / 17psi. I might have to short shift and modulate the throttle to get traction but I'm going to try and take it down!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Very nice! Thats the understatement of a sleeper, I love it man!

·
Registered
60 Posts
That car is sweet! gotta love the getrag, I think that is the only thing stopping me from doing a wild build is the cost of the getrag swap.

any plans for the future with this car? more boost? :) never enough..lol

Chris

·
Registered
543 Posts
Any pics of the interior? How did you tackle the clutch pedal assembly and the shifter? I've always wondered because I don't think any GS300's or Aristo came in 5-spd/6-spd? Thanks :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Adam can provide pictures of the interior - looks pretty good to me...

I installed an IS300 clutch pedal box/pedal/master cylinder - The GS has no provision for a third pedal so lots of drilling/cutting/welding/relocation of components was involved. The big auto-style brake pedal was bent to a better position, then trimmed to accomodate an IS300 pedal pad. This produces a pedal position that's not very conducive to heel and toeing, but that was not a concern for Adam.

Since the GS's console is so tall, I took two ebay short shifters and cut/welded pieces from both to make a stick that was tall enough to extend the knob to a decent height above the top surface of the console. Shift action is pretty good despite the ~2" extension of the stick.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea the interior looks very stock like, here are some pics of the R154, my wife is currently sewing me a new shift boot for the V160 as the shifter sits much lower, the R154 boot was way too big. I'll get pics up of the V160 shifter soon but it looks the same for the most part. Rick did a great job on my car, I can't wait ot see your IS300 stroker motor results Rick!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.