Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Yea, I'm not ready to be riding again. I want and should be sitting in a '10-'11 ISF:bigSmile: Bike riding is very dangerous and I'm surprised I'm alive honestly after some close calls. Insurance isn't friendly either.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I know what you mean. Personally, I just don't want to get into all that again.
You should get a good chunk of your money back for the bike with the help of some of the mods you have put into it. Glws on it!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Everytime I read threads like these, it makes me really want to stop at the Kawasaki, Yamaha, or BMW dealer after work. Only two problems.

First, as Mo put it,

Happy Wife = Happy Life. Just make sure the Mrs. agrees with the decision. :)
and the missus is not a fan of me getting a sport bike.

Second, every time I think that I just have to have a sport bike, I go to YouTube and type in UGR Gallardo, AMS GTR, or Single Turbo Supra, and my need to have a sport bike suddenly goes away with the thought that I could be just as fast AND be able to sip my latte while blasting down the highway.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Everytime I read threads like these, it makes me really want to stop at the Kawasaki, Yamaha, or BMW dealer after work. Only two problems.

First, as Mo put it,

and the missus is not a fan of me getting a sport bike.

Second, every time I think that I just have to have a sport bike, I go to YouTube and type in UGR Gallardo, AMS GTR, or Single Turbo Supra, and my need to have a sport bike suddenly goes away with the thought that I could be just as fast AND be able to sip my latte while blasting down the highway.
A bike is going to be cheaper then both the AMS GTR and the UGR Gallardo and depending on the liter, probably cheaper then the Supra. :p

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
There's a different kind of fun factor and enjoyment in riding besides being able to throttle up quick. I really can't describe it. I remember back in the day when we'd all meet up and go for a ride. Those were good times, but i did some pretty dumb stuff back then.

Well, good luck with selling it Mo:)

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
But cupholders...
See, that's not the point of a bike. A bike is man and machine. You feel connected. You want feedback, a bike gives you feedback ALL the time. You know what everything is doing. As Jason said, you have to experience it. I was riding in the rain tonight. It's just a different feeling.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I understand all that, I was being facetious.

I completely understand the reasoning behind the bike. I think it is different now then it used to be, as well. I'm not going to say that driving a car is ever the same as riding a bike (hell, the verbage is completely different, and for a good reason), but times are changing. Cars, even performance cars, are becoming less and less involved to drive. Like the article I did a while back for C&C, performance cars used to actively seek out new and exciting ways to kill the drivers. Now a days, anyone can be the Stig in a GTR. Even Porsches are becoming easier to drive.

It isn't really a bad thing. It is just a different thing, and finding a car that comes even close to giving the same experience that you get on a bike is is nigh impossible. I am unfortunately a sucker for comfort, but lord knows how much I want a Triumph Speed Tripple, lol. Bikes just ain't my bag, but I completely get the appeal.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Yea the biking game has changed some but so have I. When i rode the last few weekends it was like back in the old days. You felt connected to the road you can kinda say and it's a great experience for me. One thing i don't agree on is riding any bike without a helmet. Yea i know plenty how it can suck(especially in heat), but i know a couple bikers lives were saved by em. Just wear em as if they were still a law. smh

41 - 50 of 50 Posts