Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My GS300 is getting the next round of mods, I installed the GTE bottom end in my garage along with the intercooler, meth, PTE74mm turbo, Supra headgasket, valve body and some 440cc injectors with a Walbro and a fuel pressure regulator. The 440's were pretty much all the stock GS300 ECU can handle with the MAP ECU, although it was fun it was certainly not enough. I picked up a Haltech from Kean and was referred to Rick @ Speedtech for the install by ZGAD. Initally I was just planning on doing the Haltech but that turned into removing the cams and machining / installing GTE Cams, reworking the head, and going with the R154 to handle the extra power. I thought about going built auto but those stock built auto's break all the time plus for about the same money I could go R154, down the road I can easily upgrade to V160 too. I'm pleased to post up these photos, it was a real bear of a job getting the pedal in / clutch master installed / pedal box installed but Rick pulled it off, Ricks a full time NASA engineer and after seeing some of his custom work at his part time shop I knew this was the guy to pull of one of the only manual GS300's in the country. We have a bit more to go, make a custom intake manifold, make the IC pipes, install the 1000cc injectors and twin Walbro's, tuning, along with customize / extend the shifter position to fit the GS but this should be wrapped up this month!

BTW Rick at Speedtech owns a 01 IS300 / GTE / V160 / GTE rear end with a electromotive ECU and a host of ofther goodies, that car is going to run some good times very soon IMO. Anyone looking for a good shop in the central florida area should check him out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thats pretty awsome, youll be one of the few, with a manual. thats for sure.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i agree^^^ sick car either way

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its ready I'll be there. I have the tiens in my garage waiting to go on, as soon as it comes back the tiens and the TRD LSD is going in. I'll do that myself.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Aw shucks Adam - now I have to really finish this thing! If I were Adam I'd kick Rick's lazy ass for keeping his car for so long.

I hope to install the engine and R154 this week for a test fit, to get measurements for the tranny mounts/shifter extension and also to jig up the custom intake plenum/ Q45 throttle body.

I'll update this thread as progress occurs.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aw shucks Adam - now I have to really finish this thing! If I were Adam I'd kick Rick's lazy ass for keeping his car for so long.

I hope to install the engine and R154 this week for a test fit, to get measurements for the tranny mounts/shifter extension and also to jig up the custom intake plenum/ Q45 throttle body.

I'll update this thread as progress occurs.
Beat you to it man...

Here are some new pics, pedals are on and Lokar throttle cable is in, no more drive by wire crap. Ever since I bought my car every now and then I would hit the throttle and nothing, it would sometimes take 3-4 seconds for it to respond. Now going with the Haltech and Supra style custom intake I shouldn't have to worry about it anymore. The Lokar cable is mounted in the factory position with just a small modification.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're fabbing up the intake and shifter position on the R154 now, the welder has the parts, hopefully next week we'll be in business.

got the VVTI cams out and GTE cams in now, I had to have the intake cam machined to fit.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Yo Adam,

The project is coming along very nicely, what's the next mod on your list? Hope to see you this summer @ FL2k8 aka the "Mega Meet" (see signature for details,) Also, do me a favor bro tell Rick at Speedtech with the 01 IS300 / GTE / V160 / GTE about FL2k8 ;) Thanks!If you need any info/details shoot me a PM.

see ya at the next waterford, orlando meet
-J

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yo Adam,

The project is coming along very nicely, what's the next mod on your list? Hope to see you this summer @ FL2k8 aka the "Mega Meet" (see signature for details,) Also, do me a favor bro tell Rick at Speedtech with the 01 IS300 / GTE / V160 / GTE about FL2k8 ;) Thanks!If you need any info/details shoot me a PM.

see ya at the next waterford, orlando meet
-J

cool see you there, waterford is a short 15 min drive from my house in Oviedo / Chuluota area. Right now the plan is to finish the motor / tranny install this week, then get the Haltech wired it / fab the IC pipes, install boost controller, give it a decent tune for now, bring it home, install the Tiens and TRD LSD / meth injection, then bring it back for a higher boost tune.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Also, do me a favor bro tell Rick at Speedtech with the 01 IS300 / GTE / V160 / GTE about FL2k8 ;) -J
I plan on making that one - My schedule at the "real" job has kept me from attending meets so far.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW Rick just sent me these pics, check these welds out, looks like a work of art to me!!

And the shifter on the R154 is being modified for the GS300

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some more updated pics of the shifter and intake, the tranny and motor should be in the car this week! Getting close to bringing her home.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a few new pictures to put up, I hear the tranny shifts like butter!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated pictures, man this work is clean as hell.. I'm very happy with everything Rick has done for me, there has been so much fab work in this project and everything is top notch!!!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts