Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of music do all you guys listen to in your IS. I love listen to all the big tymers and Cash Money songs,Stunnin in my IS

mike

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
anything and everything, except country, oldies, heavy metal and all that crazy stuff.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
depends on what im doing and who im with...
by myself...
ZION I, Dilated, Alkaholiks, Loot Pack, Heiro, Souls, Wu, Reflection Eternal, mainly hip-hop.
with chicks or a certain chick...
112 the new one, case, joe, carl thomas, common-the light, pharoe monach-the light, pharcyde-passin me by, basically songs to set the mood.

------------------
Phil from Irvine (University of Civics and Integras)
'01 IS300 Diamond White Pearl
  • nothing on the trunk except the Big L.
  • IS300.net sticker (2 of them, count 'em... ONE, TWO!) Thats 30+ HP right there!
  • most lights changed to hyper white/blue bulbs (just cant get the front lower turn signal! ARGH!)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by LexDymndz:
depends on what im doing and who im with...
by myself...
ZION I, Dilated, Alkaholiks, Loot Pack, Heiro, Souls, Wu, Reflection Eternal, mainly hip-hop.
with chicks or a certain chick...
112 the new one, case, joe, carl thomas, common-the light, pharoe monach-the light, pharcyde-passin me by, basically songs to set the mood.

LexDymndz...you got good taste in hiphop. I'm not down with that R&B stuff though...

I listen to lots of hiphop (common, mos def, the roots, slum village, solesides, people under the stairs, aceyalone etc.) and lots of down tempo/triphop/acid jazz

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
anything and everything, except country, oldies, heavy metal and all that crazy stuff.

Same here!

I actually scared the crap out of the service guy when he got in my car he had to turn the key to accessory to see the mileage. I had a CD in with the volume really high and he totally jumped. Ha ha! Then he said yeah these have a good stereo in them don't they? I just smiled.

------------------
2001 IS300
Graphite Gray Pearl
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by is300girl (edited March 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Originally posted by 3Double0:

LexDymndz...you got good taste in hiphop. I'm not down with that R&B stuff though...

I listen to lots of hiphop (common, mos def, the roots, slum village, solesides, people under the stairs, aceyalone etc.) and lots of down tempo/triphop/acid jazz[/B]
Thanks i try. and i see you too are a true hip-hop afficianado.

------------------
Phil from Irvine (University of Civics and Integras)
'01 IS300 Diamond White Pearl
nothing on the trunk except the Big L.
IS300.net sticker (2 of them, count 'em... ONE, TWO!) Thats 30+ HP right there! Wanna see?
most lights changed to hyper white/blue bulbs (just cant get the front lower turn signals! and im too lazy to take off the bumper. ARGH!)

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by is300girl:
Same here!

I actually scared the crap out of the service guy when he got in my car he had to turn the key to accessory to see the mileage. I had a CD in with the volume really high and he totally jumped. Ha ha! Then he said yeah these have a good stereo in them don't they? I just smiled.

HAHA! i do that to myself too, when i clean my interior and wipe around the radio and accidentally turn the knob. then i start my car and the music blasts! lol

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with 3DoubleO, you do have a good taste in hip hop LexDymndz. Anyways I personally listen to to the roots, common, mos def, pharoah, ludacris, mobb deep, talib kweli and whatever else doesn't annoy the sh*t out of me. I dont' have my IS yet but you can be sure that when I get my 2002 I'll be bangin' these tracks up. Later.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by mnoonan15:
what kind of music do all you guys listen to in your IS. I love listen to all the big tymers and Cash Money songs,Stunnin in my IS

mike
mnoonan15 you the #1 Stunna in your IS
hehe

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nothing but House, Trance, and Dance my friends

------------------
Everyone needs a little New York in them!!!!
01 SBM 17" OEM Chrome

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
LExisNY i am with u man - Techno's beats for me - and Rap sometims as well - and occasionally the radio

·
Registered
142 Posts
all six disks are full of hip hop. one is my oldschool mix with pharcyde, warren g, some doggy style, chronic... Then i have my biggy mix and 2pac mix... lyricist lounge volume 2, the belly soundtrack and i just got the professional 2.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I guess I really am getting old.
I do listen to the occasional hip hop (Slum Village, Kool Keith, plus all the great oldies - Stet, Ultramag, PRT, etc.), but there so little "hip hop" out worth buying now... I primarily listen to jazz and acid jazz, three of my six discs in right now are Dianne Reeves discs (her new tribute to Sarah Vaughan is AWESOME), so it's usually pretty chill inside the IS.
I just picked up Yonderboi, and if anyone is a fan of the OLD DJ Krush stuff, you will love this disc. He's a 19 year old kid from Hungary, and it is awesome (it's an import though - grab it at Tower). Check it out here: http://www.mole.de/eng/Releases/mole0232/mole0232_info.html

Scrap.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
n stync
titney spears
98 diseases
christina gagulara
vanilla ice
insane clown posse
some old school mili vanili
gagstreet toys
marky mark and the phunky bunch
that got rice song

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by Scrap:
I just picked up Yonderboi, and if anyone is a fan of the OLD DJ Krush stuff, you will love this disc. He's a 19 year old kid from Hungary, and it is awesome (it's an import though - grab it at Tower).

Scrap.
i got all the DJ Krush albums...never heard of yonderboi but I'll definately check it out

·
Registered
818 Posts
I listen to just about everything. I have a good mix in my changer; something of every type. Ive got country (if you can call Leann Rimes country), little rap (Em, Shaggy), little R&B/hip-hop (Pink, K-Ci& Jojo), rock (Lenny Kravitz, Madonna) and even some pop. And by pop, yes, I do mean Christina Aguilera and Nsync; Im man enough to admit it (hey, the fiance digs them; I cant say no to her)

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Old School Hip hop.... LL, Nice n Smooth, Busta, Tribe, CrazyTown, RnB, 112, lotta shiz, depends on my mood.

------------------
  • Formerly "rarjoon (517 posts)" Still Cruisin NYC in my SBM.
  • Working on my 96 Chevy S10/350 Conversion race truck. -- Syclone 2
  • Killed Chevy S10 project... will use truck as my daily driver, and focus on tuning my IS

1 - 20 of 73 Posts