Lexus IS Forum banner

MrClam

549 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mrclam 
#1 ·
How do you like your M3? I was gonna get one, but i last minute changed my mind to the IS3 because i hate buying a car when the new models come out. Than i feel really jealous. Does your M3 have good low end. I've raced quite a few and from a standing start they get me by about a car ,but after i hit 2nd i'm gone. On the highway from 70-125mph i usually get about a car and a half lead. BTW this is in a turbo Crx NOT AN IS300!! I still love the E36 bodies man. How much did you pay for yours? I see them going as low as 20K for 1995s. Well let me know how you like yours. The IS i thought would be alittle quicker. Thank God i kept my little Crx...

#2 ·
i LOVe the m3 =) it has EXCELLENT low end torque..you can really feel it. when you say you hit second and you're gone, you mean that the m3 kills you or you lose?
yeah..i like the e36 design more than the e46 body.......i paid 32.5 for the car. 35k miles, '97, white, manual, CPO
well yeah, i like mine =) hehe

Originally posted by MAmornIS:
How do you like your M3? I was gonna get one, but i last minute changed my mind to the IS3 because i hate buying a car when the new models come out. Than i feel really jealous. Does your M3 have good low end. I've raced quite a few and from a standing start they get me by about a car ,but after i hit 2nd i'm gone. On the highway from 70-125mph i usually get about a car and a half lead. BTW this is in a turbo Crx NOT AN IS300!! I still love the E36 bodies man. How much did you pay for yours? I see them going as low as 20K for 1995s. Well let me know how you like yours. The IS i thought would be alittle quicker. Thank God i kept my little Crx...

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe

#6 ·
lol...oh well cardinal, i dont' mind =)

so mamorn, you had a hybrid? those guys have MAD speed...i don't know how long they last, but off the top of my head, i'm guessing the LS/vtec with a turbo motor at 10psi puts out almost 200whp right? if its anything near there.....dang.....i was going to go the hybrid route about a year ago but when i showed my parents the plan i had, they kind of freaked. the m3 is a good combination of the bset of both worlds. its got the luxury(but the ride is a bit rough, it dones't kill you but its not exactly soft either) and the performance =)

#8 ·
Clam,

An LS/VTEC running 12psi should be good for atleast 300whp (although I'm guessing more like 320whp), depending on turbo size and fuel system.. but a Drag turbo kit on a GSR will make 270-280.. some LS/VTEC all-motor cars will make damn near 200whp..

That was the Honda in me.. sorry..

#10 ·
Well guys, the Ls Vtec i got is not built internally. It has the b16a pistons and ARP head bolts so i can rev it high. It has a b16a head and a 95' b18b block. The turbo I fabricated from the Greddy kit for the 92-95 Civic. It was on my ZC motor before so i decided tp use it when i swapped in my new motor. AFter that i added the fuel pump, BOV, Spearco IC, and etc.. Never dynoed it because i live in Chicago and there aren't many dyno jets here, but all i know its fast as hell and handles just as well too. Its nice having a sports car once in awhile and luxury ride on the other hand too =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.