Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This is a question for the turbo guys and custom people also. I have a HKS Type 1 Turbo timer, HKS EVC 5 boost controller and a 60mm GReddy A/F gauge. I need to know some locations on where to mount. Does anybody make anything. What happened to a pod in the ashtray? I dont want anything in the glove box either. Thanks! :D

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
I would have to say that the best location for this would have to be right under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
hmmm i have this idea.., purchase metra dask kit (but you need to replace your head unit since you can't use the stock head unit) as well as Blitz DIN mounting panel (about $28-$35 shipped). with blitz din mounting panel you'll have room for turbo timer and boost controller; install the Blitz din mounting panel to any free slots in the metra dash kit.

blitz din mount:

go here if pictures dont show: http://www.timandgail.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mk3supras/blitzdin.htm

The Blitz Din mounting panel is available in two types, one type accepts three 43mm gauges, and the other type (shown above) holds two 1/4 sized Din controllers and one 43mm gauge.
The panel is made from pre-punched moulded black plastic, and comes complete with mounting screws, sticky mounting pads, thin sticky back foam, a black sticky back vinyl front cover (not yet fitted on mine) and even a BLITZ logo sticker.
The panel simply screws into place using the original mounting brackets.

you can mount both turbo timer and boost controller on the left side and 46mm gauge on the round opening...
and yes, you can either choose the gauge part to be on the L side or on the R side... just flip it...

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aLLeNx44 said:
I would have to say that the best location for this would have to be right under the drivers seat.
I would have to say that you are stupid little punk fucker. Now, go on with your "limo tints" :roll:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O3 said:
hmmm i have this idea.., purchase metra dask kit (but you need to replace your head unit since you can't use the stock head unit) as well as Blitz DIN mounting panel (about $28-$35 shipped). with blitz din mounting panel you'll have room for turbo timer and boost controller; install the Blitz din mounting panel to any free slots in the metra dash kit.

blitz din mount:

go here if pictures dont show: http://www.timandgail.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mk3supras/blitzdin.htm

The Blitz Din mounting panel is available in two types, one type accepts three 43mm gauges, and the other type (shown above) holds two 1/4 sized Din controllers and one 43mm gauge.
The panel is made from pre-punched moulded black plastic, and comes complete with mounting screws, sticky mounting pads, thin sticky back foam, a black sticky back vinyl front cover (not yet fitted on mine) and even a BLITZ logo sticker.
The panel simply screws into place using the original mounting brackets.

you can mount both turbo timer and boost controller on the left side and 46mm gauge on the round opening...
and yes, you can either choose the gauge part to be on the L side or on the R side... just flip it...
That looks like a sweet set-up but it interferes with my stuff just a little. The HKS EVC 5 boost controller has a LCD display and my GReddy gauge is 60mm not 43mm. Any other ideas?? :)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Aubie83 said:
That looks like a sweet set-up but it interferes with my stuff just a little. The HKS EVC 5 boost controller has a LCD display and my GReddy gauge is 60mm not 43mm. Any other ideas?? :)
Try shoving it up ur fat ass...

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
why not in the glove box?

It will help keep the stuff hidden, less prone to a smash and grab.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
you're prolly right,but I had to ask...

·
13,978 Posts
s0yb0mb said:

you're joking right??? what's the point of putting gauges in your glove box. you can't even see it when you're driving.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
oneeyejack said:
s0yb0mb said:

you're joking right??? what's the point of putting gauges in your glove box. you can't even see it when you're driving.
this is the stuff he's installing...
HKS Type 1 Turbo timer, HKS EVC 5 boost controller and a 60mm GReddy A/F gauge

all of which really don't need constant monitoring while driving...only thing you'd monitor is the a/f gauge...and most ppl don't even know what they're looking at... :p

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
oneeyejack said:
s0yb0mb said:

dude, not the gauge...
I have a HKS Type 1 Turbo timer, HKS EVC 5 boost controller and a 60mm GReddy A/F gauge
he could easily put the gauge on his A-pillar or on the dash somewhere... and lets not kid ourselves, the guage is mostly for looks if left outside, he's not going to be slapping a monster kit that requires constant monitoring. :roll:

·
13,978 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
oneeyejack said:
s0yb0mb said:

dude, not the gauge...
I have a HKS Type 1 Turbo timer, HKS EVC 5 boost controller and a 60mm GReddy A/F gauge
he could easily put the gauge on his A-pillar or on the dash somewhere... and lets not kid ourselves, the guage is mostly for looks if left outside, he's not going to be slapping a monster kit that requires constant monitoring. :roll:
true true. i forgot we were talking about the TT. no point in putting the BC in there though.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Aubie83 said:
then you might want to use TRD gauge pod and mount other gauges such as, O2 and a/f or what have you, on the dash....

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anybody have ANY ideas. I need somewhere to put this gauge. It cannot go under the trac button. Changed plans on some other things. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
its a GREAT place to hide them from potential victims and cops, if you want to look at the gauges, you then open the glove box

-gte

oneeyejack said:
s0yb0mb said:

·
13,978 Posts
IS300GTE said:
its a GREAT place to hide them from potential victims and cops, if you want to look at the gauges, you then open the glove box

-gte

oneeyejack said:
s0yb0mb said:

yeah, but when you're driving you'll end up looking to the right and down and that's not very safe.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
oneeyejack said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte

oneeyejack said:
s0yb0mb said:

yeah, but when you're driving you'll end up looking to the right and down and that's not very safe.
so...look at where i mounted my AFC and my AVC-R :D :p you can still see it and when i have passengers, they look up and go...WOW...WHAT'S THAT??? i tell the girls that it's my TURBO BOOST CONTROLLER...and when i'm driving, i tell them: press that button and i point to one of the units...they push the button and i step on the gas...the turbo spools up and they go...WOW!!! OMG...that felt great!!! :wink: yeah...well, i can dream now right??? :crazy: anyway...here's the damn pic:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts