Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install a standalone DVD player? I'm looking for ideas.. I was thinking of the glovebox but I think I will have to cut a hole in the back of it to have room, and I would really rather install it in a place (out of plain view) where I don't have to cut or butcher any of the car apart. Anyone have pics of stand alone DVD players they have installed in their IS? I have only seen the Panasonic unit that is mounted in oneeyedjack's car.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Clark20 said:
Anyone install a standalone DVD player? I'm looking for ideas.. I was thinking of the glovebox but I think I will have to cut a hole in the back of it to have room, and I would really rather install it in a place (out of plain view) where I don't have to cut or butcher any of the car apart. Anyone have pics of stand alone DVD players they have installed in their IS? I have only seen the Panasonic unit that is mounted in oneeyedjack's car.
If you dont want to cut anything then do a trunk mount unit. Simple enough, but not as practical. Otherwise remove the factory radio and get an indash DVD/screen unit.

·
13,978 Posts
you could always mount it UNDER the glove box. that way it's out of view but still accessible.

check out some pictures here of another install my old installer (the one that did my OLD custom install) did to another IS.

linkage

you can put it right under the radio and relocate the trac button and heated seats button (if you have that option). it's not really out of view but that's another option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
oneeyejack
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing