Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
wrongway said:
How much would it cost to mount and balance snow tires on all 4 stock 17" wheels at a local shop?
Around $20 to mount and balance. They'll probably charge you another $10 for a valve stem too. So you'll probably end up paying around $30.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
holy crap. thats alot...

120 for 4 then? sheesh. :roll:

·
Registered
214 Posts
if u have Costco membership...it's $9+ tax per wheel period...everything is included :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SakiMartini said:
if u have Costco membership...it's $9+ tax per wheel period...everything is included :D
Wow, that's the best deal out there. Does this require you to purchase the tires from them though?

·
Registered
214 Posts
btw, they also repair tires for free and balancing only is $4+tax per wheel...hope this helps

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
SakiMartini said:
btw, they also repair tires for free and balancing only is $4+tax per wheel...hope this helps
I have that membership, but the three costco's by me won't mount and balance 16"+ wheels.

·
Registered
769 Posts
walmart does wheels up to 22, for around $14. I stuck around the shop and made sure the tech took care of the wheels. Cheapest place around where i live.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
SakiMartini said:
i called up my local costco and asked them about it, but I decided not to get it done. When I called costco, they said they could do 17" wheels, but the guy made a comment about how low profile tires could be difficult to do. I took it to a shop that was nearby that was on tire racks recommended installer list. He looked at my tires and told me he had a second shop and wanted to work on the tires at the other shop because he had the newer equipment that doesn't touch your rim when removing the tires. He said that wih the older equipment, you risked scratching and damaging the rims pretty badly. I think i paid $20 or $25/tire to have it mounted and balanced and another $2 or $3 per tire for valve stems.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i had mine done at costco...i bought my tires at a different place too since they done sell the tires that fit our wheels. They did a perfect job.....no problems at all, and it was 9 dollars a wheel/tire....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts