Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to mount an L-Sportline kit myself? I am going to buy the kit painted, I just want to know if it is a DIY job. I'd rather not pay some body shop a couple grand to do something I might be able to do on my own.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Front bumper and side skirts are cake. It's just the rear bumper that need some sort of professional installation.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Is that painted kit from me ? :D I hope it is because I am still down if I can figure out a place to get my skirts taken off. The rest I can do myself or with a little help. I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Well, first of all, do you have any experience putting on kits? If not, you may not wanna do it yourself.

I had a shop do mine, and I am not a fan of how the rear came out. In fact, lots of people had a similar problem. If I were u, I'd just pay someone who is experienced to do it. Nothing looks worse than a body kit that is put on half assed.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya that is EXACTLY what I don't want is for the kit to come out half ass. I thought I could probobly do the front lip and side skirts myself but I am afraid of the apron :-? how much do you think a body shop would charge me to mount the whole thing? (anybody that knows a good body shop in Eastern PA send me a PM)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts