Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what was said for the "2002" IS 300:

2002 Lexus IS 300: All IS 300s benefit from new features for 2002, including brake assist, side curtain airbags, Vehicle Skid Control (VSC) system, and auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass. The sedan will now be offered with a five-speed manual transmission paired with a firmer suspension.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah - thats sort of "old news" now since Lexus mentioned all those details when they introduced the manual and sportcross at the auto shows.

I am pretty sure the following is also true:

1> Full leather option as well as 50/50 leather/ecsaine.
2> Ivory cloth as well as black cloth.
3> Wood trim now an "al la carte" option.
4> A center arm rest is now available (not sure if standard or optional)
5> DVDROM based GPS/nav system option.

In California many of the manual trans cars will be coming fully loaded with (basically) all the options including nav system.

The 18" wheels on the manual trans show cars may not be available. It is likely that most of the manual trans cars will come with 17" wheels.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad I waited.. Anyhow, Is there an estimated release date?June/July...Right?

Anyhow, I wanted to see this on the new list for "2002"

HP up to 260 from 215. All these other cars competing are coming with V-6 engine with 260 HP. We need a Lexus IS 350 real soon, hopefully for "2003"

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by Herzog:
This is what was said for the "2002" IS 300:

2002 Lexus IS 300: All IS 300s benefit from new features for 2002, including brake assist, side curtain airbags, Vehicle Skid Control (VSC) system, and auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass. The sedan will now be offered with a five-speed manual transmission paired with a firmer suspension.
SWEET!!! I wanted one of those compasses. I'll get the 2002, and order a 2nd replacement compass for my Foreman grill.

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by wdskuk:
Does the 2002 model includs lsd. Or does the vsc replace the lsd for that year.
VSC can't replace LSD on the manual, since '02 manual's won't get VSC. But does anyone know if the VSC option eliminates LSD on the '02 automatic?

[ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

·
Registered
697 Posts
i get the impression that VSC is a safety feature which works just like Traction Control, however, unlike TRAC, it will still engage at a high speed.

LSD is more like a performance feature

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
that sucks, no 18's

·
Registered
759 Posts
How is VSC different from TRAC? TRAC, I assume, works by braking at certain spots to obtain traction. What about VSC?

You don't want 18" if you want performance. Forget about them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts