Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby got scared over the holiday shopping season. I tell you I don't feel the same about her since she got scared. And the thing is, I didn't notice it until a few days after shopping. We had company over Christmas day. I went to move my car so others could get in my driveway. I happened to walk around to the drivers side of my car and noticed a huge dent in my rear passenger door. It's just below the crease in the upper door. I mean somebody just slammed their car mirror, I believe, right into my door.It seemed they got a running start. The dent is a good 2 1/2 inches across and the same from top to bottom. The funny thing is, the car that struck me left white paint. that's how hard they got me. It ruined my Christmas day. Believe me people, I was having a great morning, my wife and kids had me on cloud nine. Then I felt like I got kicked in the nads. I think it happened the day before. I usually don't go over to the passenger side unless I really have to, that's why it took so long to find it. Then I remembered, I parked next to a white Mercedes Bens the day before. I usually park so far from other cars in shopping parking lots. Yes, I get a bit vain when it comes to my 350, Im sure you guys understand. That day I was in a hurry to get shopping done. So my criteria after I don't park away from other cars, is that I find another high end lux-car, that Im sure someone is pouring his heart into like us. Well, I can't even use that theory anymore. My wife works in car insurance claims, and she sent me to a shop they deal with daily, they are going to have to pound it out and paint the whole door. Their gonna charge me $250.00. Man I tell you it's always something. As angry as I was, I would still never wish that to happen to someones ride, hooptee or Lex!!!!!

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
So my criteria after I don't park away from other cars, is that I find another high end lux-car, that Im sure someone is pouring his heart into like us.
same theory here. but at least it's only 250!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Before you take your car to a body shop...try one of these dent removal places. If the paint is all messed up then you'll need to get it repainted... but otherwise if the door is just pushed in... some of these dent removal guys can work wonders!

·
Registered
683 Posts
^^ Try this first, it might just work. Most of those places have a tool that looks like a suction cup. In most cases it will pull the dent right out without having to repaint the door.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry to hear about your IS. I will tour a parking lot looking for the "no scratch zone", but inevitably someone with a beater will park right on top of you regardless. Plus you can't trust people with high end luxury cars either, as I found out from an old lady with a 7 series BMW. She would have door dinged my car had I not voiced my displeasure rather loudly on her attempt to park right on top of me. Inconsiderate people piss me off!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry to hear about your IS. I will tour a parking lot looking for the "no scratch zone", but inevitably someone with a beater will park right on top of you regardless. Plus you can't trust people with high end luxury cars either, as I found out from an old lady with a 7 series BMW. She would have door dinged my car had I not voiced my displeasure rather loudly on her attempt to park right on top of me. Inconsiderate people piss me off!!
I agree completely. However, if the only choice you have is between a 1977 Oldsmobile 2 door or a new Mercedes, which would you choose? Of course, I trust no one, but the risk is smaller with Benz.

1. Always park out in the boonies near an island with the curb on your right.
2. Never park next to a 2 door.
3. Never park next to a Volvo.
4. Never park next to a mini van.
5. Never park next to a junker.
6. And NEVER, EVER take up two parking spaces.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i feel your pain man. somebody got me pretty good in a market parking lot (and parked about as far as you can park from the entrance...only a couple other cars in the area). i have a feeling someone came and did it on purpose. the ding is too deep to be an accidental ding. fortunately there's only a minor amount of paint removed. i'm gonna call around to a paintless ding repair place to see what it would cost to fix. just use some touch up paint and buff it even.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts