Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'sup all

Does anyone have experience with Montegi? I can't help thinking you get what you pay for...They look too light/too nice for the price etc.. :suspiciou

Zel

·
Registered
703 Posts
well for 1 it is Motegi

and they are not a bad wheel company and plus they do have a couple forged wheels

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have a set as a second set (still have the stockies) because of their price. One thing you will notice is that most of their designs have multiple bolt holes, as they have a universal lug pattern. You'll be left with 5 holes for your lug nuts, and 5 holes just open. I bought some lug plugs to fill in those holes.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'l put them on my short list :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
well motegi is OK. I mean OK. If you want it to be the shiznit, get some SSRs, Volk, Yokohama. You'll be happy with your wheels and never have to second guess yourself.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm...I have plenty of time to think before I buy anything, and from what you guys have said, they are what they are - cheap. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I would rather put the wheels off for a while and buy better ones. I have my snows on now, and I want to leave them on the stock wheels (I have the painted ones that were an option :confused: ).

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
RO_JA F1's that i have are made by rays...1 piece forged...i got a hell of a deal on mine new.. but they are normally $430 each

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have seen people put worse on their IS's, but Motegi is still generic to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts