Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious who out there is using the M800. I have the Haltech E6K still in the box, and now I am not sure whether I still want want it or if I want to sell it in favor of the M800. I just want some opinions about it. Ease of tuning? Software quality? Data logging memory sufficient (1mb)? Compatabilty with most of the factory sensors? Good value for the $5,000 price tag? Is it much better than the E6K (for the price)? And yes, I have done a search. Thanks for your input.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
kmcbride said:
I am just curious who out there is using the M800. I have the Haltech E6K still in the box, and now I am not sure whether I still want want it or if I want to sell it in favor of the M800. I just want some opinions about it. Ease of tuning? Software quality? Data logging memory sufficient (1mb)? Compatabilty with most of the factory sensors? Good value for the $5,000 price tag? Is it much better than the E6K (for the price)? And yes, I have done a search. Thanks for your input.

Kyle
Motec for a IS300??? Wht not just buy a EVO? its loses the luxury touch......

Matt

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
frylai said:
kmcbride said:

Kyle
Motec for a IS300??? Wht not just buy a EVO? its loses the luxury touch......

Matt
Matt - why do you say that? I'm not questioning you, I know NOTHING about engine-management stuff...just curious that's all.
(time for me to do a search, lol.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are the kind of things I am looking for. Can you elaborate Matt? What is lost with the installation of the M800? I figured there would be some losses as far as factory specs go, but I want to know if that outweighs the potential gains...

Kyle

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
contact PowerHouseRacing for info on the Motec and Toyomoto for info on the Haltec. Not sure how much you'll get but they use those to tune IS's. If I was going standalone and I was going to go it on my own I'd be looking at AEM.

Go to SupraForums and do some searching as they've discussed the AEM vs Motec to death. ;)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
kmcbride said:
These are the kind of things I am looking for. Can you elaborate Matt? What is lost with the installation of the M800? I figured there would be some losses as far as factory specs go, but I want to know if that outweighs the potential gains...

Kyle
just fyi - PHR uses the Motec M4 for their Stage II turbo...
From Motec's site:
The M4 is our 4 cylinder/rotary Sequential and 6, 8, 10 and 12 Cylinder Semi-Sequential Engine Management System (ECU) designed to provide you with the power and quality of our M800 ECU series but at lower cost by letting you option in only the features you require. It is designed primarily for performance street cars and bikes but by choosing the optional features it is perfect for competition use, especially its sequential injection capability.
According to this info, seems like the M800 might be a bit of overkill??...maybe?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks IS_Dude. Will do...

bk9 - Overkill... perhaps yes as of right now, given my plans, but I am looking for expandability down the road. I, like everyone else am power hungry. So, I will be continuosly upgrading... Also, the M4 doesn't have as much capability as far as datalogging goes.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Anyone got feedback on the TEC3? PFS uses it. That combined with the PFS "module" helps keep all the factory stuff like drive by wire, VVTi, ABS, shifting for e-shift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts