Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i had this lip on my is300 but thanks to NY roadways its now in the trash can. i really liked my car with it and would like to get another one.i called VIS in cali and they want $405 for it shipped to my door in NY. thats alot of money. i was thinking since its the best lip for the is300 aybe we can get a bunch of ppl together for a group by. someone who lives in cali told me they sell the lip for $240 if you go directly to the warhouse where there produced. i cant verify thats true but it was somthing i was told. here is picture of my is300 with the lip i am speaking of.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
be careful for replicas of this lip
they tend to not be symmetrical

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
i dunno...definitly not the most sexiest lips IMO! Would look sick on a 93' civic!

hot car though...

agree...but hey to each his own...RMM still wins the sexiest lip battle...polyurethane a must for daily driving...until you get into the CF portion of it...lol...

GL with your group buy though...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yours looks carbon fiber. VIS makes 2 version, carbon fiber and viberglass. maybe the person in cali was talking about the fiberglass model hence the big change in price.
talking about me?
well ive seen both CF and FPR and they both weren't symmetrical lol

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
talking about me?
well ive seen both CF and FPR and they both weren't symmetrical lol
The VIS lip is perfect, but there is another CF version that is not. I know, I've owned 4 of those lips, and still have 2. I use 1 as a spare, and one for auto-x's, since an IS with no front lip is ugly to me.

I'm not about to let my top secret front see any kind of racing after destroying a couple lips hitting cones.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
The VIS lip is perfect, but there is another CF version that is not. I know, I've owned 4 of those lips, and still have 2. I use 1 as a spare, and one for auto-x's, since an IS with no front lip is ugly to me.

I'm not about to let my top secret front see any kind of racing after destroying a couple lips hitting cones.
i used to take my gialla kit autoxing, but after couple repaint jobs i decided to invest in some oem bumpers lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im sorry i didnt specify but i want the lip in carbon fiber as i had it. the reguler paintable lip in whatever material it comes in (im not sure) can be purchased for 175. i rather the carbon lip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.