Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be trying to have my cake and eat it too but I would really appreciate anyones experience and feedback on this one.
I want power with some sound but not a lot. I like a good growl but when cruising highway would prefer not to hear a big difference drone wise.
This is what I was wondering, If I chose a header and a tame exhaust such as the rmm or ltuned would that be overly loud? And would I be good for maybe 15-20 hp? Intakes aside for now.
Any headers quiter than others?
Is it even worth doing for the cost of it, would I feel it?
If I threw in the race pipe I assume that would increase the sound quite a bit.
If anyone has any set up like I have described I would love some feedback from you, thanks!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Power makes sound, cant avoid it. The only powerful car i have ever heard of with silence is turnip&snatch, dont know how, but his car sounds stock at idle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Most power with minimal noise...get a turbo, it acts as a natural muffler and will give you the needed power you need. Otherwise everything you do to open up the intake and exhaust will definately emit more noise than the factory setup.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I am fine with some noise, just want a setup that has proven to be less noisy than others. thanks for the thoughts, any others please!

·
Legacy Mod
6,072 Posts
I agree here!

Use a mild exhaust like Ltuned and a Turbo should give you a good balance of noise to power.

Conrad_Turbo said:
Most power with minimal noise...get a turbo, it acts as a natural muffler and will give you the needed power you need. Otherwise everything you do to open up the intake and exhaust will definately emit more noise than the factory setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts