Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly, coming from my first forum CRSX, and enjoying their stories. I would like to see what our ISers have to come up with their most embarrasing moments in their cars.

Mine was...well when i was still learning to drive the 5-speed, i stopped next to a Matrix S with a bunch of heads in the car at a red light(keep in mind i'm still learning to drive). Stalled the first time, and was like fuck...lost to a Matrix S, not focusing stalled again, and again

**Sorry about the title...TYPO!**

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Most Embarrasing Moment

Firstly, coming from my first forum CRSX, and enjoying their stories. I would like to see what our ISers have to come up with their most embarrasing moments in their cars.

Mine was...well when i was still learning to drive the 5-speed, i stopped next to a Matrix S with a bunch of heads in the car at a red light(keep in mind i'm still learning to drive). Stalled the first time, and was like fuck...lost to a Matrix S, not focusing stalled again, and again

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mine was at USF. It was raining and i was turning. I pressed the gas a little and started slide, but i ended up drifting the corner. My passenger was like OMG that shit was tight! I was kind of embarrassed until he said the other people prolly thought it was cool. I mean there was like ALOT of people walking outside. Im kind of worried driving the car in the rain, even traction control doesnt help when its wet outside.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
^just dont gas it when making turns :] pretty sure all of us with is300 are having problems with the rain and drifting :D
This happened to me, $5,500 in damage, it's back. ;)
I was being stupid. It was embarrassing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I was first learning out to drive stick, I stalled hard in a major intersection. I started to panic and kept on stalling. The light turned green and red twice before I started to roll again... /face palm

·
Registered
109 Posts
4 weeks of no rain, rained just a little but enough to bring out the oils and chemicals out of newly paved asphalt and with traction control off (i usually leave it off in the dry, but turn it on in the wet, i forgot to turn it on) so im turning and my car slides and its either i smash into the curb or gun it and try to make it to this driveway on the side, so i gun it and jump the driveway jump the curb with my car onto the grass, roll about 50 feet and end up parked on the grass infront of a used car dealership.

LOL i kid u not.

·
Premium Member
22,925 Posts

**Sorry about the title...TYPO!**

Sorry YOU CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!!!
I think the most embarrassing part is the fact you tried to race a Matrix. :fool:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
It was snowing, I made a left turn at a left only lane after the light went green. Gassed it a bit, maybe to 10 mph or less? It turned normal, until it suddenly lost traction and I ended up doing a 180. Everyone outside was watching. (my lane was the only lane that was allowed to go) My tail stopped about a foot away from a taxi on the opposite lane. I had to do a K turn, but I kept losing traction on that too. -_- The whole time I was hoping, stop before it hits the taxi. Wasn't sure what to do in that situation, so I pumped brakes a bit.

·
Registered
729 Posts
a few years back, had a couple of my friends driving around in my moms sienna, was snowing...and this car was trying to drift around this light pole in a parking lot, so i put it in reverse and tried to get it sideways around a different light pole lol. kinda hard to get a minivan to go sideways.. :p was mostly trying to make fun of the other kid lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
4 weeks of no rain, rained just a little but enough to bring out the oils and chemicals out of newly paved asphalt and with traction control off (i usually leave it off in the dry, but turn it on in the wet, i forgot to turn it on) so im turning and my car slides and its either i smash into the curb or gun it and try to make it to this driveway on the side, so i gun it and jump the driveway jump the curb with my car onto the grass, roll about 50 feet and end up parked on the grass infront of a used car dealership.

LOL i kid u not.
Your TC should always be on whenever you turn the car off then start it again. Or was it raining whilst you were already driving and forgot to turn it back on? I don't know, i never have problems with sliding and i'm on shitty tires.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Your TC should always be on whenever you turn the car off then start it again. Or was it raining whilst you were already driving and forgot to turn it back on? I don't know, i never have problems with sliding and i'm on shitty tires.
I think i had it turned off because it was a habit for me for the last 4 weeks and i just got use to getting inside and pressing the trac off button along with ECT power.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think i had it turned off because it was a habit for me for the last 4 weeks and i just got use to getting inside and pressing the trac off button along with ECT power.
Gotcha, I usually just keep mine on unless im at a bad intersection where i may have to gas it hard. Ive always wondered, say youre racing from a roll, does the TC do anything to slow the car down? i always just turned it off. But did you see that thing token solutions was selling? It allows you to have TC off even after you shut off your car and start it again. Looks pretty cool, along with the thing the makes the mirrors point down in reverse.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ive always wondered, say youre racing from a roll, does the TC do anything to slow the car down?
02 Black/Black Auto 215(Stock tires)- Mine kicks out shifting into 2nd, which results in loss of power until the TC finishes correcting. Uneven pavement(warped, construction, what have you)in higher gears can result in a tire slip and TC triggering. Long story short, if you want consistant acceleration and aren't going to have any control issues, feel free to switch it off. When you iboost, this button is going to become more annoying.

If you're in an unfamilliar area, even if the pavement's dry, keep it on.

This is a result of a redonkulous onramp on dry pavement. I tend to keep it on unless I want to bunnyhop at a stop.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ok so tonight i was at a party and forgot to turn off my lights i guess. So the battery kind of drained and when a friend told me the lights were on. So i went outside to try to turn on my car and it didnt start. So i went to find some jumper cable...and my drunk ass self fucking tried to jump start the car but i guess the other kid fucking switched up the positive and negative. I then freaking tried to take off the cable and burnt my pinky some how. Prolly one of the worst nights ever! got the car to start but we will see any damages in the morning. OK back to drinking!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ok so tonight i was at a party and forgot to turn off my lights i guess. So the battery kind of drained and when a friend told me the lights were on. So i went outside to try to turn on my car and it didnt start. So i went to find some jumper cable...and my drunk ass self fucking tried to jump start the car but i guess the other kid fucking switched up the positive and negative. I then freaking tried to take off the cable and burnt my pinky some how. Prolly one of the worst nights ever! got the car to start but we will see any damages in the morning. OK back to drinking!
My lights turn off automatically after like a few minutes. But see this is why i dont drink, i fly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.