Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the racepipe installed and everything is running good. I can hear my Hiper a little more now--just more of the deep rumbling. I already had the DTM b pipe, this little pipe is what makes the exhaust loud. Now for the racepipe, there is an increase in noise, but it is a deeper throaty tone at higer rpm's. The Hiper and b pipe gave a deep exhaust tone, but when accelerating the tone disappeared after 3000 rpm (at least for my car: 02 manuel). I can hear the racepipe as a second deep tone all the way up to redline. The whole combo is louder now with the racepipe, but it is not as loud as I thought it would be. With cold morning start-ups the combo really rumbles deep! I can also feel a gain in power and more pulling up to redline. Thumbs up for the racepipe :D

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
stick, you got my setup now too how do you like it w/no silencer...?

I am still running w/out silencer for a week now & it is just damn loud... tho I do love it...i'm looking at diff exh now for more clearanceso i can install my rr lip & more ground clearance from the can too i've scraped my hiper a cpouple times, but the 19 in wheels i'm prolly gtetting will help that....

glad you like it too bro!

e

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ed, I like the combo. It is louder, but not as loud as I thought it would be--which is good, I didn't want it too loud. I had that b pipe for a loooonnngg time, but was too lazy to install it. I think that little pipe is what makes everything loud :-? My Hiper does not even have holes for a silencer, oh well!

49IS300--I don't know the gains on the b pipe, but it is more of a blow through pipe. It is the resonator and compared to the stock part it is straighter and smaller.

Oh and one more thing for all of you thinking about the racepipe: at cruising speed on the freeway you can hardly hear it. It is only loud at startup and when accelerating.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
...49IS300

I saw a 1.5hp LOSS w/the bpipe....

but the car sounds pretty wicked....

it might just flow too much to freely, & the cars need a bit of BP so i'm slapping my Stock exh back on fer shits & giggles & dynoing again soon I hope...

edgy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
edgy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing