Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They did a preview for Rides coming up on Tuesday. Here it is. Shows the IS430 doing burnouts, donuts, all types of stuff. Shows them shoehorning the engine in too.

Right Click here to save filename rides-preview.mpg filesize 3.43 MB (3,599,876 bytes)

Here's the old post from LA Auto Show
Here's a little VCD compliant video of the IS430 from the tv show "Behind the wheel of the LA Auto Show". It shows 2 quick burnouts and a general overview of the car. This will wet your whistle til that "Rides" show comes out on TLC. 1 min 16 seconds worth of IS430.

Right Click here to save filename is430.mpg filesize 12.7 MB (13,393,212 bytes)
Compliments of me.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Willy- even if it does, it'll look retarded like the prototype photos. You'll be driving a rounded out Corolla-S (with 300+ HP though :eek: :lol: )

Love the Vid! Nice!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Watch this thing will come out next year right after i upgrade to a new 04'! :pissed:
don't have buyer's remorse, there is always something bigger and badder...look at electronics...i bout a 2.0 Ghz machine a year ago and now they have 3.0Ghz
Not to mention hyperthreading and even 64 bit!

If they ever do release an IS430 I think it will be under a new body style and I don't like the way new bodies are being designed i.e. new 5 series, TL, etc.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
PoloBoy168 said:
ltunedgirl said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Watch this thing will come out next year right after i upgrade to a new 04'! :pissed:
don't have buyer's remorse, there is always something bigger and badder...look at electronics...i bout a 2.0 Ghz machine a year ago and now they have 3.0Ghz

If they ever do release an IS430 I think it will be under a new body style and I don't like the way new bodies are being designed i.e. new 5 series, TL, etc.
I saw the new TL at the airport last night and it's freakish looking with that big 4 sided polygon of a tailpipe. :x

·
Registered
344 Posts
PoloBoy168 said:
ltunedgirl said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:

The new TL is very nice!!! Way better than last years model!!! My wife and I are thinking about buying either the new TL or RX330

·
Registered
825 Posts
trentin5 said:
PoloBoy168 said:
ltunedgirl said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:

The new TL is very nice!!! Way better than last years model!!! My wife and I are thinking about buying either the new TL or RX330

if it was AWD, instead of FWD. i would jump on it to

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't like the color of the project car. But everything else about this car is awesome. I would be happy with the current body style and the V8. I will get rid of my Z the day that thing comes available.

Anyone have any guess what such a car would cost? I was thinking mid 40's.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm feeling this isn't a real solution to the problem here, but instead a quick fix.

The M3 has a I6 capable of producing 333 HP or something, while Lexus has to resort to a V8 producing 340 or something.

It's just not the same.... =(

It would be cool if Toyota released the next IS300 with a I6 Aluminum block!! :p

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well BMW and Mercedes has its contributers to its engine performance custimization. Where Lexus only has TRD which doesn't seem to want to compete or complete anything for our car, the IS300.
They had that supercharged pace car which could have became a reality for us IS300 owners as an upgrade path but they dropped that by the wayside it seems.
So this V8 into a 6 cyl engine bay is the only thing they can do. We dont even need to take this serious, its just a little buzz car to try to get people interested in Lexus again. Like back in 2000 when they first made the IS300. Maybe something new is coming next year, but it wont be this car.
Bottom line, Lexus needs to get its act together or we will be forced to deal with others making fun of our car.
I found this picture.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
that was bad ass, I cant wait to see those sucka riding around in the streets...

·
Registered
167 Posts
lol thedon.. thats a funny pic

Yea.. IS430 is definitely not meant to be taken too seriously... I definitely would have to agree that it is a hype generator.

I'm sure that Toyota has the technology to do it though... the problem comes from trying to mix performance with luxury.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.