Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i added a SRT intake and HKS dragger 2 exhaust would that void the warranty. i know if either of them had a problem it wouldnt cover it but what about everything else

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
The answer is no, unless they are deemed the root of the problem.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
you're lucky IMPRIMIS didn't respond first :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeahi know i hate that guy hes a jerk but yeah on the flipside i am asking really retarded questions. but we all have to start somewhere right

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what about adding a turbo or supercharger that would void the warranty right? or does the same rule apply to them as far as being deemed the root of the problem is concerned

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you add a turbo or supercharger, pretty much every problem could be traced back to that, voiding your warranty. Bolt ons like exhaust/intake shouldn't be worried about much, FI, definately.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gotcha thanks a lot man ill wait till the warranty runs out to add all of the transmission upgrades and turbo i did a bit of math with the SRT hi power or whatever its called intake and the dragger 2 and i should have about 240ish hp after adding both of those how much would i have? i mean if i have like 240hp thats good enough and im content till i can add the turbo and tranny stuff 3 years from now

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
xxsanitysrequiem said:
so what about adding a turbo or supercharger that would void the warranty right? or does the same rule apply to them as far as being deemed the root of the problem is concerned
Same rule. If you add a turbo or supercharger, the manufacturer can refuse to service your car under warranty if said turbo or supercharger is the cause of the problem.

I.E.: If you add a turbo one day and later, your dome light goes out, they can't blame the turbo because the two systems in question are unrelated.

·
Registered
902 Posts
T Man said:
Same rule. If you add a turbo or supercharger, the manufacturer can refuse to service your car under warranty if said turbo or supercharger is the cause of the problem.

I.E.: If you add a turbo one day and later, your dome light goes out, they can't blame the turbo because the two systems in question are unrelated.
Dealers could get crazy. They could do something like blame your standalone that came with your tubo kit for overruning the battery and burning the dome light.

·
Registered
796 Posts
xxsanitysrequiem said:
thanks man i appriciate the non snobby reaction to my dumb question lol what about turbo or superchargers?
just a reminder, remember to +rep these guys for helping you out ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
the reason your results are sucking is you have to look at more then the first page of results i did a search for Void Warranty and starting on the 2nd page i found 50 relevant posts (yes 50 and i coulda found more) thats why people tell you to search.

I also found this

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=240033&highlight=void+warranty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.