Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone install a wind deflector on their IS. If so, is there any pictures I can see, and info on where to buy it, how much and how hard is it to install? I tried "search", but it looks like its busted or something. Thanks.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
sacremon;
Nothing that you would ever notice on the streets. Now if you were running a 500 mile race with 40 other vehicles that are almost identical to yours and you had the deflector on a nd the rest did'nt then I would worry about the drag Co. Lowering the vehicle, adding a spoiler or effect kit, air deflector, or exhaust change the drag that the vehicle will have. The difference is that the average joe on the street will NEVER no it. I'm not attacking you or anything of the sorts, I just found that to be a bit foolish.

·
Registered
631 Posts
lisnup65

I never said that I was interested from a practical perspective. I'm a scientist by training, and was curious to know what the impact would be. From what I know of the Bernoulli equation, the wind deflector would adversely affect the flow of air over the car.

You may want to narrow your definition of foolish - or not.

·
Registered
295 Posts
lol

to scientific for me to answer

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you are concern about the noise, I have notice that when you have the roof opened, if the air flow selection (on the center console) is at ¡§vent (drawing air from outside)¡¨, the wind noise is much less than setting it at ¡§circulate¡¨. Try it and you will see what I am talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts