Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most of you, I am :pissed: about the rattling and creaking above the drivers head. I was actually planning to sell my car and buy a darn BMW !

After reading the posts again today, and repeatedly failed to have Lexus fix my problem, I took the situation to my own hand.

I test drove the car while holding the "part" in question and the constant rattle is gone! Once I let go, and it comes right back. As I type, my friend, a mechanic is coming to see what kind of tricks we can do to stop the sound.

I am so so happy. I shall post pic and resolution once it's 100% confirmed fixed. Keep your fingers crossed for me/us. :-?

-2002 Solar Lexus IS300 (Brooklyn)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Creaking noise from sunroof area fixed.

:D I am happy to announce that I seemed to have fixed the creaking noise over the sunroof problem. I test drove the car today and there was no clicking/creaking noise. I will drive the car over the weekend to further confirm this.

The problem was fixed rather easy, by simply inserting a thin card board between the area that was "clicking". Not much techie work.
If anyone lives around brooklyn, I can help fix yours so that we can confirm it works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tell Me More

YellowRacer...please tell me more on how to fix this?

Where are you pressing?
Did you have to remove the headliner?
Can you give a play by play on what you did...before I go INSANE...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts