Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2007 IS250 (26K miles), and have fallen in love:loveit:! The car is absolutely beautiful and in exellent condition, black on black, 18" wheels. However, I have noticed that when i'm driving and the sun/moon roof is open there is a really loud wind noise (it also makes a little wind noise when its closed). Am I crazy, or is the noise too loud? Also, there are a few minor paint chips on the front of the car. Can I buy some touch-up paint and fix myself, or should I just break down and take it to the professionals?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yeah, it should not be that loud. It if makes noise when closed it sounds like there is a problem.

On the other hand, it is not suppose to be fully open. The quietest position is selected at the "O" position on the dial.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just bought a used 2007 IS250 (26K miles), and have fallen in love:loveit:! The car is absolutely beautiful and in exellent condition, black on black, 18" wheels. However, I have noticed that when i'm driving and the sun/moon roof is open there is a really loud wind noise (it also makes a little wind noise when its closed). Am I crazy, or is the noise too loud? Also, there are a few minor paint chips on the front of the car. Can I buy some touch-up paint and fix myself, or should I just break down and take it to the professionals?
try opening the dial to the "o" rather than all the way, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As everyone have been saying, it should not be too loud. I would recommend bringing it to a dealer if YOU think the noise is too loud and see what they have to say. As for the paint chips, there is a thread here by SupraMan1784 showing us how to remove paint chips using Dr. ColorChip. Heres the link to it. http://my.is/forums/f171/dr-colorchip-diy-review-pics-383566/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts