Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the highway the other day in a snow, and i accidently opened the sunroof. Aside the fact that some snow got inside (accidents happen, dont they), my sunfoor got jammed upon closing it down (snow got stuck). I stopped the car, removed the snow from its track, but can't close it donw. When i try to close it down, it stops about 3/4th of the way, and reopens. The only way to close it is to manually push it (while pressing the button) and push it all the way in. I've tried many ways to close it (turning car of, with moon roof open, etc) but to avail. any suggestions? That happened about a week ago and everyday i try it, i cant close it down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was driving on the highway the other day in a snow, and i accidently opened the sunroof. Aside the fact that some snow got inside (accidents happen, dont they), my sunfoor got jammed upon closing it down (snow got stuck). I stopped the car, removed the snow from its track, but can't close it donw. When i try to close it down, it stops about 3/4th of the way, and reopens. The only way to close it is to manually push it (while pressing the button) and push it all the way in. I've tried many ways to close it (turning car of, with moon roof open, etc) but to avail. any suggestions? That happened about a week ago and everyday i try it, i cant close it down.
Well have you let it sit in a heated garage for a couple of hours because maybe moisture got into one of the mechanisms and froze it. What I would do would be to let it sit overnight or longer in a heated garage and let it dry out. If you already did that then either take it apart and see whats up or take it in to a shop and get them to have a look at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.