Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the MOMO Sphere shift knob? (Size, bigger or smaller than stock.) And where I can get it for a reasonable price? Here's a picture of the one I want. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Momo

Hey bud - that's the one I was planning to buy (except it has leather trim), but according to MOMO customer service it will not fit on the stock poll. Can you comment on that? Does it fit on the stock post or is there mod/kit you have to rig together? This is for the automatic...

My wife said she had to use a towel to shift today after it got too hot, so I'm looking to replace the stock knob. I found one on-line for about $80, is that reasonable?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
the install was kinda tricky.
i cut up on of the adapters they gave you and mounted it under the adapter that was closest to the size of the stick.
heres what i got:
i think its called the "shot"
and it is real carbon fiber

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
the knob is great, and feels even better. the only modification i had to make was i needed to cut the stock leather boot just a bit and tuck it underneath so the knob looked more flush with the boot, looks perfect if done right.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
the install was kinda tricky.
i cut up on of the adapters they gave you and mounted it under the adapter that was closest to the size of the stick.
heres what i got:
i think its called the "shot"
and it is real carbon fiber
that knob looks huge, is it just distored in the picture or is it really that big? how does it compare in size to the stock.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I got one too...along with the PLP short shifter and the momo shift boot it makes the shifter look so much sportier...check my sig for pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
momo shift knob

Install was simple. I had to take out plastic collar under leather shift boot to get knob to fit. I would only use this knob with short shifter -too big with stock shifter. I have then momo shot with "real?" carbon fiber. I thought the whole top was cf but it is just a thin sheet glued to a metal piece-mine is coming off after 6 months.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts