Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just bought a 01 is300 and the headlights have moisture inside. Looks like condensation. I live in Missouri and the temps change about from 10 degrees one day and 50 the next. Should my headlights be doing this?
Thanks,
jamie

·
Registered
286 Posts
Quick answer:

No they shouldn't...

Had this problem on one of my 2001 headlights as well. Took it into Lexus Service - they replaced it as, I believe, the 2001's had a defective headlight assembly or lining. They ended up replacing the *wrong* headlight assembly (the one without the moisture). Thus, I took it back, told them the story, and ended up with two new headlight assemblies when it was all said and done. According to Lexus, with parts and labor, each assembly costs over $1,000.

I hope your 2001 is still covered - if so, take it to Lexus and have them look at it and replace the assemblies. Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Neolicious said:
Quick answer:

No they shouldn't...

Had this problem on one of my 2001 headlights as well. Took it into Lexus Service - they replaced it as, I believe, the 2001's had a defective headlight assembly or lining. They ended up replacing the *wrong* headlight assembly (the one without the moisture). Thus, I took it back, told them the story, and ended up with two new headlight assemblies when it was all said and done. According to Lexus, with parts and labor, each assembly costs over $1,000.

I hope your 2001 is still covered - if so, take it to Lexus and have them look at it and replace the assemblies. Shouldn't be a problem.
That is correct each headlight is actualli $1,286. If you have the warranty then take it to LExus. If not then PM me and I can get you in contact w/ someone who sells them for $400/pr. Peace

·
8,827 Posts
Reading your topic I knew you had 2001 model. It is a common problem, covered by warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.