Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone get moisture in their headlights like i did. I dont know if it was because of the rain, but it blew out one of my HIDs, if u were sitting on the drivers seat, the left HID was blown out. It would shimmer then fade away slowly, anyways i got it replaced at Longo free of charge, but just wandering if anyone has gotten moisture in their headlights?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
wHiTeDrAgOnIS said:
does anyone get moisture in their headlights like i did. I dont know if it was because of the rain, but it blew out one of my HIDs, if u were sitting on the drivers seat, the left HID was blown out. It would shimmer then fade away slowly, anyways i got it replaced at Longo free of charge, but just wandering if anyone has gotten moisture in their headlights?
No moisture in my headlights yet to date.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
ISDraGun300 said:
hm...ill check into that on my ride.

i get moisture inside my car instead. i dunno if thats good or not...
Moisture in the car?! Now that can't be good at all. Unless the moisture is coming from your passenger. :wink:

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
I've got moisture in mine. OIt sucks the headlight can never get real clean no matter how hard i try. But i bought my 01 with 11,000 miles on it and it was there when i got it so i couldn't tell you when this started. .........................But i can tell you that im getting that shit fixed when i install my angel Eys!!!!! :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
well i hade some condensation build up in my 01' . i took it to the dealership i gave them TSB number for the condensation problem, and they fixed it for free. they replaced both headlight housings. i jus picked my car up a few hours ago and u can see the huge difference. i dont remember the TSB number , but if u do a search you'll find it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohh and i forgot to mention after i got it replaced, they installed factory yellow turn signals on my left headlight, before i brought it in, i had clear bulbs (not the blue ones) so one side of my headlight blinked white and the other orange, well luckly they didnt ask me if i opened my headlights because i think thats y it got moisture but anyways i went back waited 3 hours :eek: and got my clear turn signals put back in :)

·
15,322 Posts
yeah its warranty. my 2001 had it on the driver side, my hids didnt quite match after that, lol. even if you did change your bulbs they cant accuse you of messing up your headlight, what would they do when you needed to replace a burnt out bulb?

are the first two ppl posting in this thread twins?

·
Registered
39 Posts
You gotta get your headlights replaced or it will keep happening. There is a leaky seal and you'll just end up replacing the HIDs next time on some bad weather.

ritual

·
Registered
361 Posts
i smoked out my housings.... and the driver side started condensing.. but only in cold weather... doesnt even do it wen it rains or wen i wash it.. but then it disappears the next day... so i took out the headlight and re-sealed it again.. still happening.. i guess thers a leak somewhere else... should i worry?..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
BlkLexIs3
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing