Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to plan everything once I get my motor pulled and send it off to be rebuilt, is there anything else other than ABS/Battery relocation that anyone would recommend doing? I might get the engine bay painted as well now that I think about it.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
No idea what you're pulling the engine for but I would recommend a full OEM gasket/seal kit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, motor's getting fully rebuilt. I'm looking for things to do to the engine bay once it gets pulled.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Are you doing an OEM rebuild, turbo build, engine swap?

Knowing these things will help with your responses. i.e.: do you have to relocate the ABS and battery?

I still recommend a gasket kit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My plans right now are to do a forged GE rebuild w/ pte6446 and e85. Car will be a DD so I want to retain AC and powersteering as well.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Some of it is more crucial on sequential type setup, but still things to consider - modifying the heater core pipes to clear turbo, ABS relocate/bending of lines, making sure engine harness by turbo/s is out of the way and covered, run and secure larger fuel lines by the driver side, I also went with fuellab fuel filter mounted underneath ahead of trans on intake side that would have been easier with engine out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking at a few ECU relocations/wire tucks as well. Have you guys messed with any of that or was it not worth the effort to you?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd like to recommend a fluidamper crank pulley for peace of mind as well as gates racing timing belt and accessory belt. Definitely refresh all the seals you can especially front and rear main seals. valve train components are also much easier if the motor is out..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts