Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have a 5 zigen muffler, SRT intake, TRD grill, C-west eyelids, and new light bulbs for the high beams. What kind of mods do you guys have on your is300

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the eye lids. I was thinking of getting some for my car.

Any links?

I have an SRT intake coming in the mail.
Some small personal touches...
http://photos.yahoo.com/zubberde

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
wdskuk,
have you dino'd your car with the intake/exhaust to measure gain? How does your exhaust sound, is it loud or deep?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I check out your photo album, very nice. I have question. Under pic 73.jpg.

How do you get the "De" on the Brake Caliber. Is that painted on as well.

I am trying to do the same thing to my Brake CAliber. I purchase two different colors of brake paint filotec. My plan was to paint the first coat with one color. Let it dry. Mask tape letter that I want. Paint on top second coat with a different color. I that is the right away of doing it or is their a simpler way ?

Thanks

Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
I'd like to see pics of the eye lids. I was thinking of getting some for my car.

Any links?

I have an SRT intake coming in the mail.
Some small personal touches...
http://photos.yahoo.com/zubberde

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have no idea where the hell you guys get these TRD sports grills. I can never find them! Do you buy them from the dealer or something?

------------------
IS/MR2 spyder fan

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
TCHAN

Yes, I cut out stencils.
However, when I repaint mine (paint scratched at tire place)...
I'm going to use a different adhesive for the stencil.

I saw stuff sold at Kinko's. It's a plastic type of sheet. The problem I had was that the tape didn't hold up well when wet with the paint. It was also hard to remove.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
In those pics, I didn't have my HID's on.
Those were just my city lights.

I used either the PIAA plasma blue bulbs, or the Polarg ones...

Either one will give the same result.

STYMPYKAT: I don't think wdskuk has an intake or has yet to install it. He's been asking so many questions about it. I think either he's thinking of buying it or just doesn't want to install it.

I ordered my intake 10 days ago. Am eagerly awaiting arrival.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just tried it on the weekend. I was testing on my mud guard. I got some black mud guard and wanted to paint some custom decal on it.

I got some plastic type of sticker paper from Office Place. Make the Decal I want. Tape the decal on the mud guard. Spray paint the mud guard, the paint kind of seek/leak into the side of the sticker labe. It was not very effective. But the sticker paper did peel very easily without problem.

Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
TCHAN

Yes, I cut out stencils.
However, when I repaint mine (paint scratched at tire place)...
I'm going to use a different adhesive for the stencil.

I saw stuff sold at Kinko's. It's a plastic type of sheet. The problem I had was that the tape didn't hold up well when wet with the paint. It was also hard to remove.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
tchan
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing