Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have a 5 zigen muffler, SRT intake, TRD grill, C-west eyelids, and new light bulbs for the high beams. What kind of mods do you guys have on your is300

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the eye lids. I was thinking of getting some for my car.

Any links?

I have an SRT intake coming in the mail.
Some small personal touches...
http://photos.yahoo.com/zubberde

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
wdskuk,
have you dino'd your car with the intake/exhaust to measure gain? How does your exhaust sound, is it loud or deep?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I check out your photo album, very nice. I have question. Under pic 73.jpg.

How do you get the "De" on the Brake Caliber. Is that painted on as well.

I am trying to do the same thing to my Brake CAliber. I purchase two different colors of brake paint filotec. My plan was to paint the first coat with one color. Let it dry. Mask tape letter that I want. Paint on top second coat with a different color. I that is the right away of doing it or is their a simpler way ?

Thanks

Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
I'd like to see pics of the eye lids. I was thinking of getting some for my car.

Any links?

I have an SRT intake coming in the mail.
Some small personal touches...
http://photos.yahoo.com/zubberde

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have no idea where the hell you guys get these TRD sports grills. I can never find them! Do you buy them from the dealer or something?

------------------
IS/MR2 spyder fan

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
TCHAN

Yes, I cut out stencils.
However, when I repaint mine (paint scratched at tire place)...
I'm going to use a different adhesive for the stencil.

I saw stuff sold at Kinko's. It's a plastic type of sheet. The problem I had was that the tape didn't hold up well when wet with the paint. It was also hard to remove.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
In those pics, I didn't have my HID's on.
Those were just my city lights.

I used either the PIAA plasma blue bulbs, or the Polarg ones...

Either one will give the same result.

STYMPYKAT: I don't think wdskuk has an intake or has yet to install it. He's been asking so many questions about it. I think either he's thinking of buying it or just doesn't want to install it.

I ordered my intake 10 days ago. Am eagerly awaiting arrival.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just tried it on the weekend. I was testing on my mud guard. I got some black mud guard and wanted to paint some custom decal on it.

I got some plastic type of sticker paper from Office Place. Make the Decal I want. Tape the decal on the mud guard. Spray paint the mud guard, the paint kind of seek/leak into the side of the sticker labe. It was not very effective. But the sticker paper did peel very easily without problem.

Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
TCHAN

Yes, I cut out stencils.
However, when I repaint mine (paint scratched at tire place)...
I'm going to use a different adhesive for the stencil.

I saw stuff sold at Kinko's. It's a plastic type of sheet. The problem I had was that the tape didn't hold up well when wet with the paint. It was also hard to remove.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts