Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see these pictures of lowered and modified IS's and I cringe. How can all of you take such a beautiful car and ruin it like that? Just my opinion though...leave it how it is.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree some of the pics of lowered IS's look good but why add crazy exterior modifications the car is sweeet as is, if you want to improve the car modify the engine. Just my opinion.

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
2000 yellow Ducati
Miami,FL

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Just because IS is from Japan, doesn't mean it has to be "riced-out". Can't we just all modify it in moderation like BMW owners.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hmm... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people may think that the new Impreza is the most beautiful piece of automotive work ever, but most people think it's fugly (me included.) I personally like many of the body kits which are available in Japan, since I think that the IS looks nice, but could be improved.

Modification however, covers a great deal of ground; not only does that include exterior parts but also engine parts. Are you saying that trying to improve engine and suspension performance ruins the IS?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, performance is not what I'm talking about...solely exterior. Oh and by the way, I'm just creating a discussing and don't want it to sound as if I'm putting someone down. I realize that everyone has their own opinion. No hard feelings to anyone.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Anything that makes the car look cheesy and cheap instead of luxurious and classy. It might be a sports sedan but it's still a Lexus for crying out loud.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I agree...its a TOYOTA ALTEZZA...

why do some people put Lexus on such a high chair..??? it is still and will always be a Toyota no matter what you call it... all it is...is a luxurious TOYOTA... i don't mind that at all.. who cares if you rice it out..

in fact..i like it when people rice out their cars...only cuz on the street it'll make all of our cars look that much better.. if it weren't for all those peepz who rice out their cars... and all those ugly things people do to it...we would have nothing to make our cars look that much better.

just my .02

one last thing... everyone has their own style.. let them have it... why try to change others peoples ideas if they like it... as long as its not physically hurting somebody... let it be

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by harrissc:
I see these pictures of lowered and modified IS's and I cringe. How can all of you take such a beautiful car and ruin it like that? Just my opinion though...leave it how it is.
I did not lower my car for looks. It didnt ruin my car. It made it handle way better though. So if you think making a car handle better ruins your car, then you have some issues. The fact is that I could run circles around your stock IS now. I agree it is lame to rice out your car. But I dont see anything wrong with mods that make the car perform better

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by nemesiss:
its a lexus...get it right.....
I agree with AltezzaRoku and TicaLis300. Its a lexus with toyota parts. Go look at your taillight. You see where it says toyota. Up until a few years ago Lexus still had toyota on the windows. It is NOT a bad thing though, but just accept it. Its a Toyota

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think its kind of funny that noone takes offense to "rice it out" and such being used. To each there own on there tastes. I think alot of aftermarket things look great on them. Just as long as you stay away from curb feelers and the chain steering wheel.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
This makes no sense. I can tell you guys didn't take any marketing classes in college. Lexus and Toyota might have the same parent company but are totally different brand/products. Lexus targets a whole new segment and uses different marketplace strategies to capitalize on a separate group from Toyota buyers. I can't come up with a good example but that's like saying flying on a Concorde and Boeing 727 is the same experience because they are made by the same company, Boeing, with similar materials. Then why don't they just stick the Concorde name on their cheap valujet.

Originally posted by TicaLis300:
I agree...its a TOYOTA ALTEZZA...

why do some people put Lexus on such a high chair..??? it is still and will always be a Toyota no matter what you call it... all it is...is a luxurious TOYOTA... i don't mind that at all.. who cares if you rice it out..

in fact..i like it when people rice out their cars...only cuz on the street it'll make all of our cars look that much better.. if it weren't for all those peepz who rice out their cars... and all those ugly things people do to it...we would have nothing to make our cars look that much better.

just my .02

one last thing... everyone has their own style.. let them have it... why try to change others peoples ideas if they like it... as long as its not physically hurting somebody... let it be

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
It is different in the sense that the product loyalty and reputation are different depending on a marketplace.

Originally posted by Dustin:
So what PMD911 is trying to say is that the Toyota Altezza and the Lexus IS300 are different? hehe

·
Registered
215 Posts
If Lexus is a Toyota
then
Jaguar is a Ford

------------------
01 Silver IS 300 w/SRT Intake
01 Toyota Sequoia Limited

·
Registered
192 Posts
i'm sorrie..but it seems like we are gonna argue about something so stupid..but it is the principle...
a lexus is a lexus..and a toyota is a toyota...
if u say a lexus is a toyota..
then that means your saying

a isuza rodeo is really a honda passport..
a toyota corolla is really a geo prizm...
a lexus wutever model is a toyota landcrusier
a pontiac vibe is a toyota corolla....
a chrysler is a mercedes vice versa

the list goes on and on...everyone uses each other's parts!!.....
its car manufacturing...the product is the label!...hellllllooooo

i just had to say that...especially when u work for the 2 largest car manufacturers in the world....it just irks us when people say such stupid things like "a lexus is a toyota"....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts