Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a rare headlight a few months back and have been looking everywhere for the other side… anyone else on here have one or a pair? has anyone seen any modellista headlights for sale? Can never find anything new on these headlights
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,231 Posts
Well, you can see more of that purple car here

Those head lights are super old school and ancient, so they aren't made anymore and there aren't going to be many left. Since they lack an outer lens, the inner lights are prone to cracking. And they don't have good output. But it was a fad 20+ years ago. That's how aftermarket/custom head lights used to be made in the early days. Back when all they did was just throw in some universal round lights into a fiberglass mold like that. The same exact lights were available for my 1994 corolla back in the day.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,231 Posts
That’s his car, Tobias! Same dude lol! It’s OK tho cuz this Monday is over!
Thank you for that dose of needed sanity. It's been a long Monday lol. Now that's a facepalm moment right there LOL. I derped way too hard because he didn't reply to the other posts in his threads, but made this new one instead. I'm gonna eat some ice cream.

·
Registered
2002 is300
533 Posts
Good luck finding a set. The easier thing to do would be to get a cheap set of headlights and do something simaler to a turbo intake through the headlight and stick the bulb and reflector in there. The tricky part would be finding replica reflectors. You could make a pair and no one would bel able to tell

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Strange, we got the 2nd hand JDM Modellista version over here (not many though) and I haven't seen any with that style of headlight. Was it a factory option?

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,231 Posts
I think they are just some old school aftermarket lights. I found a picture with lots of opinions here:
I believe that the Modellista head lights were factory just with a slightly modified paint finish scheme inside.

Pictures of both in this post:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts