Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just too damn expensive. Especially if you're a student, paying $6000 a year in insurance alone, and trying to mod your car tastefully.

I have a beautiful set of wheels that I may need to sell. I haven't even put them on my car yet. How bad is that?

Someone console me, please :(

Actually, when I come to think of it, UPS brokerage fees are even more expensive. But that's a story for another day...

·
Registered
140 Posts
holy crap your insurance is high...i pay $2300 a year here in B.C.

btw, what kinda wheels are you selling? lol

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sil-300 said:
holy crap your insurance is high...i pay $2300 a year here in B.C.
Yeah, tell me about it... :(

There's nothing really that I can do about the insurance. That's the cheapest I'll find for a while...

sil-300 said:
btw, what kinda wheels are you selling? lol
I didn't intend to make this a "for sale" thread, but I can send you a PM later today if you would like to know.

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hidinginthelight said:
Are those the L-tuned wheels?
They're nicer than the L-tuned wheels ;)

happysmp said:
Azzurro, you'll be 25 soon enough man! 50% off is coming
LOL! If we assume that I get no discount until I turn 25, that means I still have just over $30 000 to pay in insurance. (Should be easy to figure out how old I am.)

Damn that's ridiculous... I never thought of it that way. Ontario sucks too.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
stop getting tickets and it will go down ;)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Im in the same boat as you. My insurance is 4800/year. sucks a lot. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I agree though, it does make it hard to mod your car.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
BumbleCat said:
$ 2400 every year
I'm pretty sure your circumstance in California USA is a bit different
than the here in Ontario, Canada... being that we're different countries and all.. :p

But damn, all in all that's pretty expensive for insurance... I am
still paying $1700CAD; but it's probably going up next April :rolleyes:

j

·
Registered
39 Posts
i bought my IS as a company car for my dad's company. the car only added about $700 a year to the company's pre-existing insurance plan so that's all i gotta pay the old man. :)

azzuro - i'm looking for some wheels to use for next summer. PM me if you're serious about selling!!

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
happysmp said:
haha, hang in there...it'll all be over sooner than you know. Dude you're 20!
I was driving a corolla when I was 20, and it wasn't even mine!
LOL :)

Even if I were driving a Corolla, I'd still be paying well over $5000/year. I don't understand how the insurance companies can get away with this. My record is perfectly clean.

And good thing I'm going to school and working in Waterloo. Otherwise I'd be paying a little over $10 000 a year (insured in Toronto)... And there is no cheaper insurance. Believe me, I looked :(

mani said:
i bought my IS as a company car for my dad's company. the car only added about $700 a year to the company's pre-existing insurance plan so that's all i gotta pay the old man.
Lucky guy!

PMs sent to everyone curious about the wheels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
wow i feel so much better now that I know i'm not the only one suffering through ontario's shitty insurance system. I'm 21 and was quoted ~4500 for the new is250. Nothing to do but pay it and moan. such is life.

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
g35guy said:
wow i feel so much better now that I know i'm not the only one suffering through ontario's shitty insurance system. I'm 21 and was quoted ~4500 for the new is250. Nothing to do but pay it and moan. such is life.
The sad part is that there really is nothing you can do.

Unless you want to live dangerously and pretend to abide in Quebec. Yearly insurance there, from what I've heard, is half what I pay per month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts