Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!
I am thinking of putting a sway bar on, but not sure of any good shop in the Chicago suburb area that will do a decent job for a decent price. Any suggestion on a reliable shop?
I read its easy to put them on, but I just don't have the tool and place to do it myself... Still a very green newbie on mod.. Hehehe.. :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Garage Kwai can do it. They're in Arlington Heights. Ask for Benson and he'll hook you up. If you need a reference you can say Mack sent ya. His # is (847)259-6960. Good work and good price..

You can also goto Sound Performance in Bloomingdale. Great guys also but a bit pricier..Bout 70 bones an hour. 630-893-5002. Good luck

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAmornIS said:
Garage Kwai can do it. They're in Arlington Heights. Ask for Benson and he'll hook you up. If you need a reference you can say Mack sent ya. His # is (847)259-6960. Good work and good price..

You can also goto Sound Performance in Bloomingdale. Great guys also but a bit pricier..Bout 70 bones an hour. 630-893-5002. Good luck
That's cool!!
I used to live around Arlington Hts area, I think I know where they are.
THANKS!! :wink:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, juz wondering do they do Lexus, cos' their web says they do Acura/Honda....
I am planning on going down this weekend, but I don't want to look like sore thumb (the only Lexus there) when I drive down there. :wink:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Youll get better attention if youre the only lexus there.
My primary tuner is out of aurora, he does MR2's..I'm the only lexus that rolls in and out of there - My opinion is that shops take better attention of higher end cars if theyre only used to doing less expensive ones.

AMS or Kwai are good shops.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cj Motorsports
its off 56 and Farnsworth.
Industrial park on beverly.
Call him first (630)499-5591 Leave a message.
Tell him Mark referred you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If it were me I would go to AMS, Kwai, or Sound Performance. All three are good shops with good reputation.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You should check out the thread about 10 down.
I just got my car back from Sound Performance..it was one of the worst service trips I've ever experienced.
this is the second time theyve screwed something up.

I wouldnt let my worst enemy take their car there.

AMS or Kwai are awesome.
However Charles at CJ put my turbo on - he's very concerned about the cars that roll in and out of the shop. He also has good dyno rates.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does any one know of any shops near the Northern Subs. I'm all the way up in Zion. Hollar back. I have a Vizage two kit and need to put it on before winter.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
apoji187 said:
I just got my car back from Sound Performance..it was one of the worst service trips I've ever experienced.
details.. ??

What service?
What was screwed up?

I have yet to see anyone bash SP for their work.

·
Registered
427 Posts
goldark said:
apoji187 said:
details.. ??

What service?
What was screwed up?

I have yet to see anyone bash SP for their work.
I posted the details in the 'another turbo at sound performance'

but here we go -
a year ago - i brought my car in for a timing cam gear - it was never properly tightened down and it basically slipped off..and destroyed my engine..SP says it was a faulty caming gear and it just 'wore through' on the keyhole. However - no one else with a titan cam gear has ever had an issue with any weaknesses..its was from improper torque. I have affadavits from titan - as well as other individuals who have titan gears. Regardless..SP didnt care and just told me to bring my car back to the dealer to get it fixed and try and get it fixed under warranty. I had all the information and testimonials from engineer's and I was ready for court trial..which i was told I would win - but I just let it slide..it wasnt that important to me.

I was desperate to get my car dyno tuned and a leak fixed so I brought it back to them a few weeks ago..because theyre one of the few shops that can get my car up on the lift - I brought it in to them..it sat for a week without being touched - mind you..i made an appointment..so that it wouldnt have to sit there. What was given top priority - were the shop cars
. I specifically gave them a list of everything that i wanted done..Number 1 on that list was to get my leak checked out..number 3 was 'get 3" downpipe fabricated". When I finally picked up my car like 2 weeks later...they were like 'oh we had a slight problem - you must think we're hacks of the industry every time your car comes in - something happens to it' I freak out inside..and he takes me out and shows me where they totally crack and scratch up the rear bumper.
It was their fault..they admitted it - and they had the gall to tell me 'bring it back - and we can get it fixed for $150. Not free - but $150!. If i owned a shop and I screwed up a customer's car..i would take the money out of my pocket and fix it.

On top of that..the enormous wait i experienced was only to get 1 item on my list completed - and it was the least important - the downpipe fabricated - the total cost of the downpipe $400 - I could have made it in my driveway for $100. Car was untuned - and when i asked about the leak they said 'Uhh..what leak' - 'Number 1 on the list Hillrod'

So why do I bash SP - becasuse they have a tendency to destroy my car - or set me back weeks in completing it - and insanely expensive and frankly..for all the hype they have..I think the only experienced people there are Ivan and Larry..however - they're not the ones who exclusively work on cars.

My tuner- keeps in constant contact with me - is genuinely concerned about my car - and babies it. He's not worried about the next car he can roll in - he's worried about my car at that time. I dont believe SP is concerned about that..I beleive theyre only concerned about how many cars they can roll in and out doing a half-assed job.

When anyone tells me 'you should bring your car to Sound performance - I tell them this story - and how I would never let anyone take their car there'

·
Registered
102 Posts
You could give Dude's Performance a try. They just installed SRT turbo kit in an IS300. Took them 2 days due to a SRT ECU being configured wrong (by SRT). I think the owner is somewhere on this board.

Chirs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts