Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to have this thread filled with good info on what go fast mods are mainly for track, street, or both. Its common to hear of certain things that are said to be for track use mainly or "good of you are going to track the car but not ideal/needed for the street driver." Kind of like how their are certain things in regard to suspension that would be a waste or not as good on the track as it is on the street.

Various items such as:

types of clutch upgrades
turbo size
coating headers
port and polishing
coating pistons and piping (n/a or F/I)
gauges
octane boosters
transmission/oil coolers
heatshields
torque converters
driveshafts
wires
rod and piston upgrades
injectors
gearing
LSD types
and more.....

I'm sure their are quite a few other things that could be listed but I just wanted everyone to get a feel for the idea. Hopefully some car savvy people will jump in and mention a few things along the lines of "someone who plans on tracking their car should get ________. BTW I would not be part of the car savvy group. :wink:

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
drive you car. where you feel that it needs improvement, purchase that item. dont buy the part because it is available. when you are deciding between parts, then come ask us.

or if you feel you need improvement in an area, but dont know what part to purchase come back here too.

asking such a comprehensive question will take as long to answer as there are posts in the go fast forum. this is what we talk about everyday. that and the SDR forum.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frydryce said:
drive you car. where you feel that it needs improvement, purchase that item. dont buy the part because it is available. when you are deciding between parts, then come ask us.

or if you feel you need improvement in an area, but dont know what part to purchase come back here too.

asking such a comprehensive question will take as long to answer as there are posts in the go fast forum. this is what we talk about everyday. that and the SDR forum.
The answers to these type of items would not require a thesis. Just a quick reference such as good for track or good for street. Details can be talked about in a thread. We have stickies that mention numbers only and if details are needed then a thread starts.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
buddha 300 said:
I meant the 1/4 mile (straights) in regard to track.
ooh 1/4... that's not really regarded as a track per se. more like a "drag strip"

do you live your life a quarter mile at a time? :lol: hehe j/k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts