Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was at the dealer on saturday for my oil change,
I was reading this History of Lexus or something, and
it said Mark Levinson worked on lexus vehicles before the is350/250..
can't remember exactly which model, i was pretty much skimming through the book..

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
that is true, even my 03' sport design comes w/ mark levinson + touch screen navi. :cool:

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
IS300eR said:
that is true, even my 03' sport design comes w/ mark levinson + touch screen navi. :cool:
ML in the IS? I'm not sure about that.

I think its a Mark Levinson navigation unit, but the speakers are the same.

Mark Levinson said:
The first Lexus automobiles to offer an optional Mark Levinson audio package became available last September and have been selling at rates higher than initially forecasted. Mark Levinson is available in the top-of-the-line LS430 as well as the GS300/430 and the LX470 luxury SUV. Mark Levinson audio systems are not available in the RX300 SUV or the new IS300.
http://www.marklevinson.com/press/details.asp?cat=aut&prod=lex&press=12

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I don't recall the IS having ML... but the other ones did.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Like I said, ML may have made that Navigation, or at least maybe part of it.

I thought Eclipse or Pioneer made it, but I cant recall.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Since 01... just about every Lexus except for the IS has had Mark Levinso upgrades available. I am pretty sure even the es had it. Before 2001 the upgrade was to "nakamichi".... don't ask, cause I don't know.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Nakamichi is very good quality.

The '01 SC430 was the first vehicle to feature it. Check out the link I provided above.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
magoo said:
Nakamichi is very good quality.

The '01 SC430 was the first vehicle to feature it. Check out the link I provided above.
I agree with you, my moms 99 RX300 has it... it was very good quality... when I said "dont ask, because I don't know, i meant I never saw the company anywhere else but in a lexus.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I see. Nak decks used to be the only deck an audio guru would touch for a higher level install back in the 80s. It was Nakamichi, Alpine and Blaupunkt. I think lisnup would agree with this.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
haha I dont know man, just know it was the upgrade for lexus in the late 90s!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts