Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have relatively new front tires (stock Potenza RE040, needed to replace early due to uneven tread wear) with stock rear tires that need to be replaced soon. I want to switch to Pirelli PZero Nero M+S (all-season) and was wondering if it was ok to just replace the rears temporarily. I figure the handling will suffer, but any idea how bad it would be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Im jealous....rite now I have 4 different types of tires all with different tread designs I have 1 Federal 205/40/17 in the rear along wit the Sumitomo 215/45/17 and in the front I have 1 michelin pilot 215/45/17 and sum other ghetto company that is the same size...My car turns to the left for me all the time so it has made driving alot easier...IS is so pimp it drives me.

Back to your question, temporarily yes it would be alrite since you have the same sizes all around but dont be like me and get matching tires ASAP....

·
Registered
745 Posts
^^ Sell your organs, blood, children, whatever and get four new matching tires.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have P-ZERO Nero M&S and they are really good. I had Potenza RE92, Firehawks SZ50, and crappy Nankang before and these by far are the best tire for the money. The only tire I feel are better are the Pilot sports!

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
then you guys havent had a decent set of tires. Compared to BFG, michelin or even Kumho SPT's, they are crap.

The rubber sucks and wears like no other. The 400 tread wear rating is a joke. THese tires lasted me 8k while my re040's lasted me 16k.
they tramline like no other, they begin to chunk under hard use and the sidewalls are too soft and the tire is extremely LOUD.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
deejaysyke said:
I ran BFG KDW's before the nero m+s and these are better than the BFGs.

Pzero Nero summer tires dont stand a chance compared to BFG KD tires, let alone the M+S tires. Not even a comparison.

You shouldnt even compare an all season tire to a much better summer tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts