Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2002 IS300 Sportcross, 15000 miles and was wondering if anyone changes their oil using a Mityvac. If so, does it work well for this particular car? Also, can I switch to Mobil 1? Anyone recommend this? If so, do I then get to change every 5,000 miles? Thanks! I am not a mechanic but want to bond with this car and figure oil changing is a good way to start. Is the oil filter a pain to get off and on? I haven't even checked that part out yet. BTW, I live in Miami where it's hot (on the oil recommendation)

Thanks. - Lance

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
15k miles on a 2002. That's very rare (unless you meant 150k). Assuming it's at 15k I don't see any problems switching to mobil 1 on an engine with such low mileage. I personally don't run it but I know a lot of members here do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
15k miles on a 2002. That's very rare (unless you meant 150k). Assuming it's at 15k I don't see any problems switching to mobil 1 on an engine with such low mileage. I personally don't run it but I know a lot of members here do.
Yes, it does only have 15,000. I bought it with 12,000 5 months ago. I think a snowbird here in Florida had it. I was so happy when I found it. The dealer is such a long ways away that I only want to go there when I have major maintenance to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts