Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does an average stage 1 is300 fare against evo VIII? its a vague question i realize, but earlier today, i just have the pleasure on riding my friend's evo VIII (edit: its evo 8, not 7) and my God, the acceleration is like a drug!

i am having some doubt on how our stage 1 can trully fare against the likes of sti, evo and e46m3 for now :crazy:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Id say fairly similar times. I think the IS300 would be faster with a good driver, because Im confident stage 1 can break in the 12s. (GTE ran 13.1 with a stock clutch) The Evo will always feel faster though. Its a lighter car and the cabin doesnt seal half as well as the Lexus, so the Evo gives the illusion of being faster than a 13 second car, at least when i drove in it. Probably because im used to the smoothness of the Lex.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theorem said:
Id say fairly similar times. I think the IS300 would be faster with a good driver, because Im confident stage 1 can break in the 12s. (GTE ran 13.1 with a stock clutch) The Evo will always feel faster though. Its a lighter car and the cabin doesnt seal half as well as the Lexus, so the Evo gives the illusion of being faster than a 13 second car, at least when i drove in it. Probably because im used to the smoothness of the Lex.
GTE is running 13.1 with his stage 1 ??

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Benign said:
theorem said:
huh???

what you talkin about?!?!

stage 1 what??

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
Benign said:
theorem said:
huh???

stage 1 what??
He had a TBKO Stage 1 turbo before the GTE swap.

It's been a while.

·
2,033 Posts
isman said:
tsopranoMB said:
Benign said:
theorem said:
huh???

stage 1 what??
He had a TBKO Stage 1 turbo before the GTE swap.

It's been a while.
:eek: :eek: :eek: I thought he sold his car :eek: :eek: :eek: JK but GTE also ran one of the best if not the best time with his car stock.

·
Registered
712 Posts
A stage 1 (280-320rwhp) should run head to head with an Evo. From a roll the IS will be faster but it will be really close from a dig. Remember that the Evo can be modified veryyyyyy easily and be made to compete with a Stage 2 Lexus really easy, from a dig that is.

Just some info,

Tuner Evo 8 ran 11.8's
Downpipe
Exhaust
Manual boost controller
AFC
Cams
Lightweight battery but full interior

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was talking to some DSM guys yesterday that know this 11.8 evo dude, and they said that he isnt always truthful about his mods...there might also be a ported intake manifold included in there, as well as nitrous. Also, if this is the same guy, that car was GUTTED at the track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts